Chapter Seven

I woke up tied to a desk chair from the computer lab inside of the library.

"Let me go! Where is Bradley?" I shouted.

A deep, manly voice chuckled from behind me. Somehow, I managed to spin the chair around and see the man holding me captive. He had a straggly beard, a twirly mustache, and tangled hair. He was probably in his late forties, his brown hair was turning grey. The man stood around six feet tall.

"What do you want?" I glared at him.

"Like you don't know," he spoke sarcastically.

"I don't. Who are you anyway?"

"Your father is the wealthiest man in the state." He wasn't wrong here. My father, although he's a police officer, he's also a stockholder in many growing companies and close friends with many business moguls.

"So?" I retorted.

"Duh!" He said like a thirteen year old girl. "Ransom!"

I rolled my eyes. "He's away on a business trip, you idiot. He won't be back until next month. And I wouldn't expect anything from my mother." Ever since my parents divorced, my mother, a high school teacher, has lived pay check to pay check.
"You're really bad at planning stuff out," I added.

"Shut up."

"So whatcha going to do, genius?"

Suddenly, I heard a loud crash, and the door behind the man holding me hostage bursted open. There, Bradley stood in the doorway.

"What are you doing here?" I have Bradley a look that displayed my anger.

"Saving your hot as-" Before he could finish that final word, my capturer turned and punched him on the left side of his jaw.

Secretly untying my own hands (which I knew I could do, I was just saving it), I then stood up and jumped onto the guy's back. I cupped my hands over his eyes so Bradley could hit the man in the abdomen. He then collapsed to the ground, and I climbed off of his back.

"Let's go!" Bradley shouted, grabbing my right hand and tugging me out of the door.

"What should we do?" I asked him.

"Grab your phone. Call the police. I'll try to break down the doors."

"Okay." My hands shook as I pulled my phone out of my back pocket. This guy really was bad at kid napping. He didn't even take my phone. I dialed 911 and Bradley kicked at the door. It didn't budge. He kicked again- nothing.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the fire extinguisher. As I explained the situation to the lady on the other end of the call, I broke the glass and gave it to Bradley. Finally, shoving the fire extinguisher into the glass window, he was able to open he door from the outside; but, before I could follow behind him, I was lifted of the ground.

"BRADLEY!" I screamed. "Help! Help me!" My phone had dropped to the floor and the man stomped on it.

Bradley ran back into the library and pulled me from the man after kicking him in the you-know-what. He wrapped me in his arms and kissed my forehead. "It's going me be okay," he whispered before darting out of the door, causing me to follow.