Chapter Thirteen

Weeks turned into months, and summer turned into fall. On a cool, breezy day in August, I walked through the doors of my school as a senior. The hallways echoed with laughter and warm greetings from friends.

Goosebumps spread over my arms as I felt a strong, cold hand on my elbow. I turned to see Bradley. "Hey," he grinned.

"Hi," I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. "How was camp?" I asked him. He was away for 4 weeks... for Army camp.

"It was great. I made friends, but they made me shave my hair," he rubbed the top of his head where his hair has already begun to grow back.

"You're..." I squeezed his arms.

"Buff? Yeah I know," he acted cocky then laughed when I rolled my eyes and turned to walk. He caught up with me and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Did you get your summer reading done?" Bradley asked, since I had complained to him before he left about being forced to read 5 books, as well as write an essay for each.

"Yes," I rolled my eyes.

"Hey," he squeezed my butt lightly. "Don't be sassy," he laughed.

"Bradley!" I gasped. As we walked, we passed the library. We made eye contact and began laughing together.

"Hey that's where you guys almost made babies," I heard Justin run up from behind us.

"Justin!" I squealed as I felt my cheeks get hot.

"What? It's true," he shrugged.

"Whatever," I rolled me eyes.

Justin dove into a classroom, leaving the two of us.

"Do you remember when we were locked in the library and you asked what my favorite thing about his school was?" I asked.

"Yeah?" Bradley seemed confused.

"It's you."