Chapter Fourteen

A/N: I'm so sorry I've been MIA lately! This summer was way more hectic than I had anticipated. From youth camp, to church trips, to band camp, I did not stop. I even did all of my AP government summer work the night before it was due, since I hadn't had anytime during the summer... BUT I'm back and ready to PARTAYYYYYYYY (Bridesmaids reference- if you get it, I'll give you a free potato). Anyways, I'm back to writing. Even though I'm in color guard and AP classes, my goal is to upload more frequently. So, I hope you guys aren't mad and haven't stopped reading or anything but I do love you all and I'm so thankful for all of you guys!

Bradley squeezed my hands gingerly as he looked into my eyes. "It's me?" His deep voice raised higher than usual.

"Yes. Of course. We've been through so much. You're my best friend. We might argue, and you might drive me nearly to the point of insanity, but we love each other. We might prank my mom with outlandish clickbait stories, but you're my person. I love you so much."

The warning bell rang through our ears, compelling us to rush to class.

"Ms. Blanchard, may I speak to you in my office?" I heard a booming voice from behind me. I spun on my heels to look upon the glare of the assistant principal.

"Go onto class," I whispered to Bradley. He hesitated. "Just go on!" I urged.

Once we stepped into the dusty, dank office, I plopped into a chair facing the desk. "Might I ask why I am here?" I questioned respectfully.

"As you know, you applied to Princeton last fall for early admission," Mrs. Kirby spoke solemnly.

"Yes ma'am. It was simply out of curiosity to see if I would actually be accepted. I knew there was a very little chance. Is that what this is about?"

"The school received this letter. It's addressed to you. I wanted to watch you open it." Suddenly, in my peripheral vision, office administrators stood in the doorway. I tore the seal carefully, my hands shaking as I did so.

I began to read aloud. "Ms. Blanchard, we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into Princeton University starting in Spring 2018. Your academic accomplishments exhibit the type of dedication we value in students. We are excited that you have been accepted for the class of 2022. We ask that you review the enclosed list of steps that you need to take in order to attend. Welcome to Princeton University. We look forward to your enrollment!"

We all squealed in excitement as I embraced the women in the office. "I'm going to Princeton!" I squealed as hot tears ran down my blush cheeks in excitement.