Chapter 5 ~ Jail ~

************

This chapter isn't edited. Sorry for any mistakes :(

************

Chapter 5 ~ Jail ~

I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew Mrs. Bentley is gently tugging my shoulder to  wake up. I looked at them surprised. I thought they would've believed what the police was saying. Maybe they did and were here to yell at me or something.

"Sorry sweetie, we didn't mean to scare you." Mrs Bentely's voice shook a little but who's wouldn't when you find out your son was murdered. I looked at her and saw her eyes were red and puffy obviously from crying. "We know you didn't do it. Jason loved you and loved him." I stared at her shocked. She gave a little chuckle. "Sweetie, I'm afraid to tell you but you're an open book to us. I think every one knew except Jason." Her smile turning into a little frown. I gave a sigh. "We're here to know what happened but you need to be quick. they're going to take you soon." She shook her head. I nodded to her.

I leaned forward towards her and said in a whisper. "Everything I said, I told Logan and he wrote it down. If you want to know anymore come back and I'll tell you." I gave her a small smile. She gave me a nod and was about to speak but the door opened. She stepped towards me and gave me a tight hug.

"We know you didn't do it  and we'll find who did." She said reassuringly. She gave me a kiss on the head and stepped back only to be replaced by Mr Bentley.

"You be strong, okay? We think of you like our daughter so you better be back at our house soon." He stepped back and a police man turned me around and put handcuffs on me. "Where are you taking her?" Mr Bentley asked.

"To a jail cell. She'll stay there unless her lawyer wants to see her." He roughly grabbed me and I felt a bruise forming around my wrists from the cuffs. He turned me around and started to push me out the door. We walked out and into the police office, where there were a lot of desks. People were staring at me. Some with disgust, others confusion and there were a few sympathetic ones too. We walked down an empty hall and through another set of doors which lead to a set of cells. Some were occupied but most were empty. We stopped out side of an empty one. He grabbed my already sore shoulder and and shoved me into the cell."Turn around." His voice was gravely, it made me want shiver at the noise but I held back the urge. I did what he said and turned around so my back faced him. I heard keys being jiggled. The officer grabbed my hands and I heard something click. The roughness of the cuffs disappeared. I turned around just in time to see him pull the cell door shut and lock it. He turned around and walk off. I went to sit on the bed, If that's what you can call it. It was a metal bench with a very flat, thin mattress. I don't want to think about what's been on here. I missed my bed and my teddy bear. Yes, I said teddy bear. she always made me feel better when I was feeling upset. Sighing in defeat, I sat cautiously on the mattress.

There wasn't much to do except think and that wasn't something I wanted  to do. I went back over the nights events again and again but I couldn't come up with anything about when I blacked out. I wish I had a tennis ball or a harmonica. At least I would be doing something. I heard a shuffling noise so I looked up to see someone else getting put in a cell. It was a man with fairly longish light brown hair that went just above his shoulder.When the police officer, who I had come to find out his name is Joe, walked off and I got to see the man face on. When I turned to look at him, I found him looking at me already. I quickly turned away so he knew I wasn't staring or anything. From what I saw of him he wasn't bad looking. Nice square jawline, straight nose but I couldn't quite see his eye colour though. All in all he was pretty good looking.

"So what are you in here for?" If I didn't know any better, he almost sounded sarcastic. Well two can play at that game.

"Wouldn't you like to know." Yeah I know, not very original. I smirked in triumph when he didn't say anything. I was only disappointed when he did speak though.

"Great come back there. But seriously? Did you totalMummy or Daddy's car? Get too drunk and smashed something?" Now it was his turn  to smirk. I was getting extremely pissed off by the second. I looked back and yelled at him.

"You don't know shit. Now leave me the hell alone!" He looked slight taken a back by my out burst but I couldn't care less about him. I turned around so I didn't have to look at him anymore. I sighed when he started to talk again.

"Well you wanna know why I'm in here?" I shook my head. Couldn't he take a hint that I didn't want to talk to him? Apparently not. "Oh come on. Not even a little bit curious. Well in any case I'm sure what I did was a lot worse than you." I highly doubt that."Come on sweetheart, just guess." Oh anything holy above, please make him shut up. That was the last straw.

"Don't. Call. Me. That." He was seriously starting to drive my patience.

"What's going on over there?" Policeman Joe asked. He looked slightly annoyed. :You." He pointed to me. "Shut up or I'll put you in with the captain. Do I make myself clear?" He said with a sneer.

"Crystal." I muttered. He nodded once and walked off. Now even more pissed off, I moved to the ground and started to meditate. Breathe in, breathe out. I did this a few time before I started to fell calmer.

"Does that actually work?" The guy sitting in the opposite cell to me. I sighed and got up to move closer to the bars.

"Yeah I guess it does."Well I feel a lot more calm than before. "What's your name anyway?" I was surprised that he actually started to give me a proper answer.

"Mark. I'm in here because I broke into a lab and took the testing animals." I was shocked at first because he didn't look like that type of person.

"Really?" I know it sounded pretty stupid but it was the only thing I could muster up.

"Yep/" He said, popping the 'p'."You don't look like the type of girl to get in trouble with the law." He said matter of fact. "What did you do?" I was stunned that he went from annoying person to suddenly caring. I just shook my head, I didn't want to get into it now.

"Trust me, if I told you, you wouldn't beleive me." I stood up and walked back to the mattress. maybe I could get some sleep.

~~~

I must of fallen asleep because the next thing I heard shocked me to the core. "Holy-. You're the girl that I heard  about? You killed your friend?" I felt the the familiar wetness fall down my face. I turned around to face Mark but he was looking somewhere else. I followed his gaze only to be met by a t.v. in the corner of the room. I couldn't be bothered about what the reports say. I know I didn't kill him. I could never do that. "You didn't do it did you?" Mark said gently.

"No I didn't." I eventually crocked out. I leaned back against the wall and sat down. "Someone slipped me something in a drink I had and I passed out. Then the next thing I know, He. Was. Just lying-there." I said the last part in sobs. I walked back to the bed, exhausted. I felt the blackness start to take over me. This time I welcomed it.

"You'll get out of this." Was the last thing I heard.

 I hope so.