Chapter 9 ~ The Letter ~

************

This chapter isn't edited. Sorry for any mistakes :(

************

Chapter 9 ~ The Letter ~

2 Months Later

Since I've been here not much has happened since the first day. The girl who punched me, Joanna, tried again and I did what I said i would do, I hit her back. Unfortunately that only made us both go in the hole for 2 weeks. During that time I found out that it wasn't really her fault but the 'boss' of the royals. Joanna and became allies. When we got out we got a huge beating from the 'boss' the royals but mainly me for messing with me for messing with one of her girls. I was nervous when I had to go to the infirmary but luckily Mark wasn't there. I still couldn't get the kiss out of my head and I felt guilty each and everyday for it because it felt like I was betraying Jason. I ignored everyone who tried to visit. I didn't want them to see me like this. The only one i couldn't refuse was Logan. When he saw me all beat up he went crazy. He said that him and Vince might have something. I didn't really want to get my hopes up though. Keeping her promise, Anna helps me with those situations when I need help. Last week I had to go back to the infirmary to get my stitches checked. I had to see Mark.

Flashback

I was nervous as walked through the door to the doctors office. To my relief, he wasn't here yet. After about five minutes I decided I wouldn't bring it up. I would just pretend it didn't happen. the door creaked open and Mark walked through. My breath caught in my throat. What the hell? That only ever happened with...... I can't. It's wrong. Right? snapping out of my thoughts I turned to Mark. He walked over to me and started to poke and prod at the new stitches on my eyebrow. It was extremely awkward and I didn't know what to say. He looked at me with kind eyes. Eyes that were starting to suck me in. I couldn't look away, I was stuck in pools of green.

"I'm sorry." He said after what seemed like ages.

"For....?" I was confused. I was still trying to get my head straight.

"For kissing you like I did."

"That's okay. It's just..... Well two reasons. One I don't want to get you into trouble and I just feel like I was cheating on Jason, which I know is stupid but I-" I was cut off by him kissing me again. I couldn't help it so I just went with the flow.

After about an hour of making out, I was on my way back to my cell feeling extremely happy and guilty.

End Flashback

Right now I'm just sitting on the bleachers with Anna and the crew. Anna really was like a second mum to me. She was nice and helped when I needed it. I haven't gotten into much trouble, which is good. The whistle blew and we walked back inside to the cafeteria. Once everyone was seated, the guards came out with mail. I don't usually get mail, which I'm fine with. Unexpectedly though, a guard put a letter in front of me and walked off again.

'Who's it from?" Anna asked. I shrugged, "Well aren't you going to open it?"

"Not yet. When we go back." She nodded. Nothing much happens at lunch. The food wasn't very nice but want came you expect? Anna and I were walking back to our cell just talking about books. I know, books? Boring but that's what happens when you go to prison for two months and have nothing to talk about.

Back in our cell, I was about to fall asleep when Anna started to talk. "So the letter?" I almost forgot about it. Pulling it out I ripped open the top. I took out the letter and read.

Dear Unfortunate Worthless Being,

I wasn't originally going to write but the opportunity was to good to pass up. I hope your accommodation is nice. Well I'm guessing that it's not so good. Oh well you deserve it.

So how does it feel to be in prison for someone else's murder? You might be asking yourself "who killed Jason?' Well my small minded friend, that would be moi. It really was the perfect murder and I got away with it.

While I spend my days getting pampered, I'll be happy knowing you'll be stuck in a shit hole. The only flaw in my plan was that you got the credit for something you didn't do. It was always that way, you got everything you ever wanted while everybody else had to stand in your shadow. Well not anymore, I did society a favour by putting you away.

You took away my precious Jason and you had to pay for it. You took him and no one else got to have a chance with him. It felt good pressing the knife blade against his perfect skin and watching him bleed out. I only wish we killed you too.

Sincerely.

    Your Awesome Friend XO

P.S.  I hope you die. Mah

When I finish reading the letter I ran to the toilet and threw up everything I had for lunch. Once I was done I sat back on the cool concrete wall and cried. Anna came and sat down next to me and rubbed my back. "Did you read it?" I asked in a hushed voice.

"Yes. I don't think this is a joke." The seriousness of her voice scared me.

"What do I do?" I was at a total lose for words. I didn't think anyone lived in my shadow? i knew some girls had crushes on Jason but I never stopped them from asking him out or anything like that. I put my head back Anna's shoulder. She really had a mothers touch.

"Next time your lawyer comes, give it too him. Okay?" I nodded not trusting my voice.

"I don't know who could of done this. In one part it said "I wished 'we' would've killed you too. Meaning more than one person. Who could do such a thing?" I knew i was rambling but I couldn't help it. Anna got up and pulled me up with her.

"Just forget about it now and get some sleep." I nodded and walked over to my bed and completely passed out, exhausted.

~~~

I woke up with a start. I wanted to scream but that would just attract attention. Breathing heavily, I moved to the sink to get some water. Putting the semi cold liquid on my face was soothing.

"Are you okay?" Anna voice scared me half to death. "Sorry didn't mean to scare ya."

"That's okay. How long did I sleep?" It was quite but it didn't really feel like I slept for a long time.

"About five, six hours. Did you have a bad dream?" I sat down next to Anna on my bed.

"That's just it. I don't think it was a dream per say. On the night Jason died, I was drugged and I black out and when I woke up I was next to him." I didn't need to elaborate, she knew who I was talking about. "It felt like a memory. Like it happened but I don't remember it." I was starting to get frustrated with all of this. "I don't know what to do?" Everything was starting to take it's toll on me and I can't keep putting up a strong front when all i feel is weak inside.

Anna and I talked for a few more hours about a game plan, if you will. We would wait until tomorrow and i'd give the letter to Logan and wait and see what happens from there. We went to bed but I couldn't go to sleep. There was something about that letter that was familiar that I couldn't quite put my finger on it and it disturbed me.

**************

I'm so very sorry that this chapter is short. :(

**************