Chapter 14

"...and they lived happily ever after."

Sakura sighed as she closed the book that she was reading for the past two weeks. She really didn't have enough hours in the day to read it, but Beauty and the Beast was an amazing story- it was eerie how it reminded her of herself.

Of course, she didn't come looking for her father. There wasn't any talking decor, either. But, it really was similar how the Beast and Sasuke were both hot and cold.

Her mind drifted through the story until she came to the dance that they shared. She sighed. If only Sasuke and I could have danced like that, she thought with a frown. If only...

The door flew open. "SAKURA!"

She screamed and fell off of her bed, the large book of fairy tales thudding alongside her. "Ow..." she groaned as she rubbed her back. "Who- Ino?!" The blonde girl smirked. "What's made you so jumpy?"

"Shut up," sighed Sakura. Man, her back really hurt... "Why are you here?"

Ino rolled her eyes. "I mean, seriously? Did you forget what day it is?" Sakura blinked. "Oh. What day is it, really?" Ino face-palmed. "It's Wednesday, Billboard-Brow! It's our last day to shop!" Sakura cringed. "It... is?"

"Don't tell me you forgot! Stop shoving your nose in books and get your head in the game! Do you hear me?" Ino walked over and came eye-level with Sakura. "I repeat, do you hear me?" Sakura snorted and shoved her away. "Stop getting in my face. I can hear you."

"Good! So quit reading that book of tales and go shop!" Ino dragged Sakura out of her pleasant dorm. "Wait- Let me just- hey! Hold on-"

Ino hummed merrily as the two got on a horse and galloped to the boutique.

-

-

-

"No, no, no!" Ino stomped around, hands in the air. "Are you kidding, Sakura? How is it that you don't match any of these dresses?" Sakura's face was dusted a bright pink. "Sorry," she muttered. "I mean, seriously! Even Hinata got something to wear! Ugh," Ino pinched the bridge of her nose, "Come on."

Piles upon piles of dresses were stacked on top of each other, creating a landscape of glitter and fabric. "This is a mess," sighed Ino. "Yeah."

Sighing, Sakura rummaged through the never-ending piles of dresses. "Do I really have a chance?" she wondered. Ino snorted. "If I had it my way, you wouldn't. But," she said, a glint in her eye, "I decided to side with you, didn't I? I'm helping you to find your inner fashion." Sakura snorted.

"Come on, Sakura. Truth be told, Sasuke..." Ino hesitated. "What is it? Spill," commanded Sakura immediately. "I... don't know if I like Sasuke anymore."

"Good for you."

Ino's head snapped up, growling. "Seriously? I just confessed that the boy of my life might not be the boy of my life, and you just say that?" Sakura snorted. "Well, it's not like he shared your unrequited feelings. So, as I see it, it's a good thing."

"Good thing for you, maybe," mumbled Ino. "What?"

"Nothing."

"So who did it?" said Sakura casually, hanging up another dress. "What?"

"Who made you change? The Ino I knew would never let 'her Sasuke' get taken away." Ino blushed slightly, "Sai!"

Sakura dropped the dress, "Sorry? Did you just say Sai?" Last time she met him, which was pretty recently, he smiled at her. And announced that she was an ugly face.