Chapter 39

Surprise, surprise... no one got my age right ;--;

I'm actually younger than what most of you think, so unless someone guesses correctly (I would send a message to their DM) I'd prefer not to reveal my age. Note that I am very, very young xD

Well, let's get to the story, shall we?

-Storywriter-

-

-

-

Sakura smiled as she leaned against Sasuke's knees, who was trying his best to braid her hair.

It was cute, really. His hands fumbled against her soft, pink locks as he tried to twist them and weave them into the simple braiding pattern- but she felt a yank one time or another as she then would gently touch his hand and guide it to the correct way.

He let go of her hair and smoothed it out. "I'm giving up. I don't understand how you girls can braid hair so well- or find the time to do it every morning." Sakura chuckled. "You did take a while before giving up." She felt his hand rub the top of her head. "I certainly did."

They were quiet for a moment, listening to the birds chirp outside.

"Is it really tomorrow?"

Even though he was behind her, she could feel him smile. "Yes. It is, Sakura."

She smiled, too. "I'm so happy I can't believe."

"If I were to borrow Naruto's words... believe it." Sakura laughed and reached behind her for his warm, comforting hand. "I'll try my best." He squeezed her hand tight. "What do you want to do for your honeymoon?"

"Hm? Oh, nothing much... I don't have anything particular in mind. Life here is already so good."

He began rubbing circles onto her palm. "But there must be something you want to do." Sakura thought about it. "No, there isn't... and I know that with you, you can take me anywhere you want... but I'm just content. I don't want to go anywhere. I'll follow you to where you want to go, instead."

"You can be greedy with me. You can ask to be treated like a princess. Ask for the greatest riches and knowledge and pleasures that commoners can only dream of- I can make it all appear. So why aren't you asking for anything?"

Sakura sighed. "While I may need to be more greedy, you need to understand- when people are content with what they have, nothing comes to mind that they specifically want. People have desires, yes- but all of mine has already been fulfilled."

"What are your desires?"

She thought about it. "Well... a good life for my family, good friends, a husband, an education..."

"Speaking of education, I really should get you a personal tutor. If you want to get into medical studies somewhere else, you need a proper certificate." Sakura shook her head. "I've decided that I just want to stay here. There is no need for me to go elsewhere- everything that I want is here. That's what you need to understand, Sasuke."

He sighed. "I'll try."

"Thank you."

She leaned her head against his legs again as she sighed contentedly. "Do you want to go over the wedding plans again?" Sasuke asked. She nodded, closing her eyes. I can hear him talk forever and won't get tired of his voice, she thought as he began to speak.

"You've decided that Hinata would be your maid of honor? Naruto's my best man, so they'll be walking down the aisle." He chuckled. Sakura laughed along with him; she had a specific reason why Hinata was her maid of honor.