Chapter 15

Hello!

Fifteen chapters already and they still haven't kissed :0 But to make up for that, here's a small surprise for you :)

Thanks to the fourteen followers who read this little fanfiction, dedicated to you! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

-Storywriter <3-

-

-

-

To be honest... he didn't know why he did it.

Sakura Haruno was one interesting lady. She had the guts to talk back to him- him, Sasuke Uchiha- and then still managed to make his heart pound like no other.

No way he liked her. It was ridiculous- he, the icy master nobody liked- falling for a girl of such low class. A sassy girl with low class, might he add.

But still... they were alike, more than she thought they were. When he was a child, he worked day and night to try and get his father's attention, to please him and show how far he had come from Itachi. She tried, and still tries, to support her family.

I'm getting soft. But even if she was his favorite, that still didn't explain why he decided to show her the library. Or say that he would pay for her education. Or... why Sasuke decided to give her his mother's jewelry.

That little black box of breathtaking jewelry was his mother's, long ago. Why did he pass it off like it was nothing? She was nothing. She didn't deserve his mother's gold and diamonds.

But it felt so wrong every time he denied it, even to himself. What had she done to him?

Sasuke growled, then stormed over to the phone. "Yes, Tsunade," he barked into it. "Bring Naruto up."

Moments later, Naruto sat on his bed. "What now, Sasuke?" he mimicked Sasuke whenever he said Naruto's name. "Not now, loser. I called you here for a reason."

"What is it, then? Please don't say anything about Itachi again."

His eye twitched. "It's nothing like that, idiot."

"Then what?"

Sasuke hesitated. Why had he told Tsunade to bring Naruto up? Could he even help?

"It's about Sakura, isn't it?" Sasuke glared at him. "No. Shut up." Naruto smiled gleefully. "It totally is!"

"It seriously isn't." But his ever-growing blush said otherwise. Naruto shook his head. "Out of all the years I've known you, you're still really stubborn, you know that? Maybe even more than Sakura." Sasuke growled. "Get to the point."

"You like her," he said simply. Sasuke shook his head. "No. I don't." Naruto threw back his head and laughed. "Oh, really? Then tell me, why did you do all these things for her? It's not even like you knew her for long. You let her into the library, didn't you? Even I'm not allowed in the library, and I've known you since birth."

"Shut up!" he seethed, but inside he knew he was right. "Don't be like this," said Naruto calmly. "We both know that Sakura's a pretty girl. And she's resourceful."

"So she'd make a good servant. Big deal."

"Okay then," Naruto had a gleam in his eye. What now? Sasuke groaned to himself. "If you really don't care about her that much, I'm going to try to win her heart."

His blood froze. What?

"That's right," said Naruto calmly. "I'm going to try and attract Sakura Haruno. If you try and stop me," he said, smirking, "You have to admit that you love her."