Help

His arm quickly moved back to its previous position, except this time he was trying to hide the scars even more.

I looked up into his eyes, his smile had faded away.

He quickly broke eye contact, a look of shame in his eyes.

The sun setting over the horizon was making it harder to make out his features.

'Harry-'

'Just, forget about it. Pretend you didn't see them, please.'

What was I supposed to do?

I wanted to help him, talk to him.

Make him understand that he didn't need to do this to himself.

But I knew he wouldn't talk if he didn't want to and I didn't want to push him.

'Ok, but I just want you to know you don't have to do this ok?' I whispered after a few seconds of silence.

His features hardened as he looked away.

He lifted the bottle to his mouth as he skulled half of it down.

We sat in silence as we both looked around, taking in the scene.

Everyone was happily chatting away, oblivious to what had just happened.

'Can you help me?' He asked, looking at me once again, this time, not as much pain in his eyes.

'Of course, what do you need?'

'Could I please use some of your foundation?'

Harry followed behind me closely as I lead him to my room.

'You can take a seat if you like.' He shook his head no, standing next to me as I rummaged through my makeup bag.

I pulled out two different types of foundation.

'Which one would you like?'

'Which one will work better?'

'This one will hide it better, but this will look more natural,' I explained pointing to them.

'How about if we use the more natural one on top of the other? Will that work?'

'Lets see.'

I couldn't help but flinch a little as he held up his arm to me.

Under this light they were much easier to see.

Trying not to hold my gaze on them too long, making Harry uncomfortable, I applied the first coat of foundation.

'It covers them well,' Harry whispered softly.

Something unexpected happened.

I felt two strong arms wrap around my shoulders tightly.

I realised he was hugging me and my arms made their way around his torso.

He hugged me tight, like he was afraid to let go, snuggling his head into the crook of my neck.

I rested my head against his shoulder, listening to his solid heart beat.

I felt a few wet tear drops land softly onto my skin.

'Its going to be ok,' I cooed softly, rubbing circles on his back, trying to calm him down.

After a minute or two, he pulled back.

'Sorry, I just really needed a hug.'

He took a deep breath in, trying to calm himself down.

I reached my hands up to his face, wiping away the few stray tears rolling down his cheeks.