Stars: Chapter 1

Thalia sent the hunters to bed with the demand of Artemis quickly. Trying not to look like she was in a hurry as she patted a girl on the back to make her pick up the pace.

"Goodnight guys!" She called out from the tents exit. Her nerves running up and down the walls. Her mind was elsewhere. All she could think about was what was happening tonight.

"Goodnight!" Some girls responded. Neither of them noticing as Thalia slipped out of the tent silently. Without a word, she closed the tent. The silent closing almost make it 100% possible she had not been followed anymore.

Thalia then breathed out a sigh of relief, seeing they where gone as soon as their heads hit the pillow.

And now, she was now alone.

Taking a few steps, she turned. The sharp turn never stopped her progress as she continued to walk. Into a blush Forrest behind the tent, there lay a tree. It's branches hung down in thin lines. The sky clearly seen from under.

There was a patch of grass surrounding the pod trunk, the grass dampened with dew.

"Now, I can talk." She stated, sitting down at the tree.

"Hey Bianca." She whispered, silently adding Zoë Nightshade.

Thalia sat on the wet grass, knees to her chest, and arms wrapped over her knees. Her body sat away from the hunters tent. Although, she continued whispering quietly, so no one would wake up to hear her.

The daughter of Zeus looked up at the stars in the clear sky. A tear ran down her face (the other hunters where, thankfully, still sleeping soundly). She wiped it off with her fingertips, biting her lip. She tried to console herself. But tears kept getting into her eyes.

"I miss you Bia." Thalia whimpered, trying not to burst into tears. A shooting star running across the sky. The warm breeze of summer blowing her choppy hair over her ear.

Her neck tingled. Whether it was relevant to the sadness she felt, or possibly the grief, Thalia didn't care.

After all, it was Bianca's death anniversary. And it hurt her more than anyone had ever could have known. And she was alone too.

Nico had been comforted by Will Solace— his boyfriend of 3 years.

But Thalia had no one, she couldn't even rely on Annabeth right now. Even though she was like a sister to her, she probably had a date with Percy. The son of Poseidon treating her right with his idiotic ways.

And Luke was long gone. Having been killed years ago.

. . . If only the Hunters knew how much pain it gives her to look at the stars. . . But she had to stay strong. She stayed strong for so long, and she can do it longer. But remembering what they went through, it was like she was getting stabbed in the heart. Constantly bleeding out as the remaining pieces either shattered of fell into her body. Killing her eternally (figuratively, of course)

The one catch, Thalia was never dying, and always knowing that can't happen. Her body lay in the ground, bleeding out painfully. Her spirit never resting.

The Hunter kept thinking about her laugh, her smile, eyes, lips, personality. Every thought of Bianca brought back memories Thalia longed to forget. Memories of the Lotus Casino. Her days she spent where she wasn't deemed a tree.  And everything in between.

Her eyes grew heavier by the minute, and she yawned. Fighting to stay awake as she stared at the sky. Her arms acting as a cushion for her head.

But, even if she was tired, Thalia continued to talk to Bianca. Her energy focused on the task of looking at the sparkling lights above her. The stars shone beautifully tonight.

"It's been a while. Nico has a boyfriend still— you know Will. They've been strong ever since last year. B-but I can't seem to go on. The hunters keep trying to get me to open up, a-and I just can't do it! I am still not strong enough to tell them about you, a-and I may be kicked out and turned into a fruit or something if I don't." Thalia paused, tears now trickling down her cheeks as she took a shaky breath. More tears were coming, rapidly stinging her eyes. It hurt to blink them back.

"I have so many people to live for, and I can't just die right now! But I a-am so crazy, that I j-just want you. I sometimes think that I won't care if I die! As long as I'm w-with you." She said, her voice getting quieter as she talked. Her heart seemed to tremble with weakness. Her hands starting to clutch tightly to patches of her hair.

Gripping the hair with such anger, Thalia was subconsciously afraid she'd tear if out herself.

"Thalia? Thalia, what are you still doing up?" A voice asked, Thalia gasped. Wiping her tears away, then sitting up hastily, Thalia identified the person. She held her breath, seeing Artemis in the bright moonlight.

"J-just looking at the stars M'lady." She said, cursing herself for her stuttering as she quickly swiped her wrist over her face again. Which, thankfully, got rid of all the tears.

"My  Lieutenant," Artemis paused. "—it is late. You must go to bed, even if the stars are beautiful. We have a long journey to Camp Half-Blood tomorrow." She said calmly, Thalia started to wonder if she heard her. She prayed to Zeus that she hadn't.

"Of course M'lady." She replied politely, which sounded nothing like her. Thalia looked at the stars again, wishing she didn't have to go. Longingly trailing back to the tent slowly. Artemis right behind her.

Artemis then nodded, and Thalia walked into the hunters tent. She looked at the stars one last time, and then entered the tent.

Creeping to her bed, avoiding the sleeping girls. Her knees trembled, and she felt like crying again.

So she did.

Thalia was falling asleep to her own silent cries soon after.

A/n:
Hey guys! I just randomly decided to make this! And I decided to publish it. Sorry if it's bad, but I personally think this is pretty good. . . But I think I got Thalia's character wrong. . . Screw it. If you didn't like it- you didn't like it. Deal with it. . .

~Bridget Di Angelo

***Edited April 4th, 2018***