Stars: Chapter 9

Memories in italics!

"You kissed?!" Nico shouted, Bianca started to cry. "I-I'm sorry." She stammered, Rem looked at the siblings quietly. "And you didn't tell me?" Nico asked, his tone changed from an angry Ares to a gentle, calm mother's tone.

Bianca opened her mouth, but nothing came out. "Come 'ere." Nico said, pulling his sister into a tight embrace. Bianca hugged back feverishly. Her breaths short and in gasps.

"I love you sis." Nico whispered, "Love you too." Bianca answered, her voice shaky.

"Please, please sit." Artemis commanded, "Its getting worse." Apollo muttered, taking off the mist he had planted on Bianca's cheek for a split second.

Half her face was black, skin flaking off in the sizes of snowflakes. By now, her hair was starting to get thin, and look like string. Her skull could be seen clearly, and her eyes were starting to dry— making them look like chocolate covered raisins.

"My hunter." Artemis whispered, looking at Bianca's face in horror. "I'll put it back." Apollo whispered to his older sister, placing the mist back.

"Princess!" A man called, Bianca winced. Her clothes were just as they were when she was last at her job, and Rem halted. "Ignore them." She said, Bianca stood still.

Rem took notice as Bianca didn't walk with her. She stopped in mid step, and looked back.

"What's wrong?" She asked, concerned.

Bianca looked at her feet. "Where's Thals?" Bianca asked Rem, her eyes filling with tears. "I-I have t seen her all day. I'm wor-worried." She stammered, her bottom lip started to quiver.

Rem looked at her, "Um, I'll find her okay?" She asked Bianca, she nodded tearfully, then turned back to the crowds.

"Don't worry sis. I'll find her for yah." Rem informed, patting Bianca's back as she walked out.

"Okay. Thals, where'd you go?" Rem asked herself, her high heels slicking against the stone floors.

She hummed to herself, and looked at a fork in the road. "Left? Hm." She asked, glancing left. "Or right?" She questioned, her eyebrows coming together in confusion as she looked right.

"Um. They say right is the right way to go, but they says that's cliché, so then they go left and nearly die, so I'll go right." She decided, walking to the hall down her right.

From there, she heard a small noise. Sounding like muffled sobs.

"Thalia?" She asked, and gently took off her heels.

Bianca's, Nico's, and her place was down to the left, no one went to the right. Why was she here to begin with?!

"Thalia?" She asked, softer this time.

Rem then stumbled upon her.

Thalia's hair was a mess, snot ran down her face as she wiped away her hot tears, and her body trembled. Fingers clutching into a note, along with a watch.

"You okay sis?" Rem asked, slowly going to sit down next to the sobbing girl.

Thalia looked up, gasping. "G-go away!" She demanded, her voice cracking as she held back the tears. It didn't help, because within a few more seconds, they leaked out of her eyes and ran down her cheeks again.