Chapter One

Hey, so this is my first story on Wattpad. I will try to upload more chapters depending what response I get from you guys, the readers. So please read, like, follow, and comment!!

Above is how I pictured Joey Stark.

Joey Stark walking up to her home on a usual rainy day Tuesday in Seattle, Washington. By the way she walked, you could tell her feelings. She was dragging her feet in. Unlocking the door with her keys. By the time she pulled out her keys, she could already hear her German Shepard, Ellie, barks at her, waiting and wagging her tail preparing to jump on her. Joey groaned immediately. She already had a hard day, she didn't want to deal with a puppy that was still growing and had those puppy sharp nails.

She unlocked the door. Waiting for the dog to jump all over her. When no dog came, she was a little suspicious. She heard a noise in the living room. She tried to be stealthy as she moved silently. She tripped over one of the dog's bones. She silently cursed at her self for the dog's toys everywhere.

"Joey?" a voice called.

"Gunnar?" called out.

"Yeah, you ninny. It's me. Who else would it be?" Gunnar said laughing at her. He rose up from petting the dog. Ellie noticed that Joey was home; she ran to her and jumped on.

Her brother, Gunnar Richard Stark, he was twenty years old. He rose up being 6' 6" off the ground after giving Ellie a belly rub. He had dirty blood straight hair with some brown in it, reaching a little past his ears, with green eyes and dimples. Pale skin like Joey, but a little more tan than hers. Gunnar was one of the most attractive one in the family. And, sadly, he knew it too. He was notoriously flirty and doesn't believe in "settling down". The only women who could control him was they're late mother, Joey, and Ellie. He had many girlfriends that didn't last very long. His longest relationship was two months. He was going off to his second year of college and doing ROTC for the Marine Corps as an aviator and will be stationed in France.

"Joey, look whose on TV." Gunnar said.

"Who?" She asked.

"That pop star, uh, Jace Wilde."

"Ugh, not him."

"What's with him? I haven't really heard of him before."

"He is what they a 'triple threat', except he really isn't."

"What is a 'kind of triple threat'?"

"He can kind of sing. He can't really act. Well actually that's not true, he has fooled everyone into thinking he is the best. And he certainly can't dance." She said the last part stifling a laugh. Her brother was chuckling. "I can dance circles around him. And yet, some how, he has made it and now famous, and I am still here." Joey said sighing to herself, and with her arm on the coffee table.

"Little Joey, what happened? You look horrible." He said in a teasing way but also concerned.

"I got another rejection today." She sighed.

"What did you try out for today?"

"Ballet."

"Well, there you go. Maybe you should have tried something else."

"Thanks, Gunnar, I will think of that next time. Or maybe that this is a sign." She said muttering.

"Joey, you can't let that affect you. You are a brilliant dancer."

"Well, sometimes, I just don't know."

"Josephine Charlotte Stark, look in the mirror. You are the one the strongest women I know. You are headstrong and stubborn and a straight arrow. But, you always get what you want done. You set your sights on something, and do it, no matter how hard or how long it takes, you do it."

She saw herself in the mirror. Everyone says that she is the spitting image of her mother, Johanna. She doesn't see it though. Joey thought Gunnar looked more like they're mother than she did.

Joey is very pretty. She has long ash brown hair. She has striking steel blue eyes. She has a heart shape face. Thin lips. She is 5' 5". She is skinny for her height. She has long legs. She is very toned after many years of dancing.

Dancing was her passion. She loved it. And she knew she could make it. She knew that she could become a famous dancer. She knew a lot of forms: hip-hop, Latin, ballroom, tango, ballet, swing, jazz, disco, hustle, Irish dancing, jive, modern dancing, salsa, waltz, and some ice dancing.

"Jo, look, if you're still upset, a letter came for you today." Gunnar said.

"Whose it from?" she asked.

"Some show." He said.

"Let me see." She opened it up. "Oh my god." She breathed.

"What does it say?"

"'Dear Josephine Stark,

Thank you for applying to be on 'Dancing with Hollywood'. We have viewed your application and would like you to come down to California to the studio and start filming with us. We have sent two first class tickets with you. We will be expecting you in a week.

Sincerely, Producer: Mack Chevy'" Joey read out loud clutching the paper in her hand. She was shaking.

"Joey..." Gunnar breathed.

"I got in? I got in. I got in!" Joey said louder, louder, and louder. She jumped into her brother's arms and he caught her and spun her around.

"I'm so proud of you, Jojo!" he said ruffling her hair.

"Thanks! I have to get ready, I have to tell dad, I have..." She started rambling.

"Shush, shush." He said calming her down while grabbing her shoulders. "We'll both tell dad tonight. You need to calm down. Everything is going to be fine." He said.

"We have to tell Charlie and Danny." She said.

"We will, they all will be home tonight. We can all tell them tonight." He said.

Joey's mind ran after he said that. This was finally her big break. This could make her a professional. And show up all those other so called "professional dancers". Show them that even a seventeen year old can make it this far. That Jace Wilde wasn't the only one who could make it.

She could see shows, dances, performances, Broadway plays, scholarships, colleges, and many schools would want her. Would want her at their schools. She would have so many opportunities.

"Joey. Joey!"

"Huh, what?"

"I was saying that you should probably tell Clare."

"I should! I will tell her tomorrow at ballet practice. She will be so happy for me." She said.

"Well, go do your homework. I will get everything ready for dinner." He said.

"Okay." She said running upstairs.

"Hey, Joey."

"Yeah?"

"I'm proud of you, kid." He said smiling.

She looked back at him and smiled. Reminded him of the time she won her first dancing competition. She was so innocent back then. And now, he will be leaving her, his little princess. He was happy for her and now knowing she is growing up.

As he started to set the table, he could hear her screaming upstairs in her room. He smiled to himself; just knowing her life was about to change, for the better.

"She got in." Smiling, he said silently out loud to himself.