Chapter Twenty

Hello, so Jace and Joey are finally together!! Will it last or end before finale of the competition? Let me know what you think? 

Joey and Jace stayed for a little while longer before he drover her back to her apartment. While driving back, Joey could notice that some things had changed between them, but not in a bad way, in a good way. Joey noticed that Jace was a lot more open with her, both physically and emotionally. He was talking about a hockey game when he scored the winning goal.

Jace was not exaggerating on how much he loved hockey. She could see it in his eyes. How much passion he showed for the sport was contagious. Joey found herself wishing that she would see him play or take her ice skating sometime and show her what he was like when he played. The thoughts made her blush. Jace noticed this, smiled at her, and took her hand into his without skipping a beat.

When he pulled up in front of her apartment, he only briefly let go to open the door for her. He grabbed her hand again and led her up to the door. Joey started to get nervous. She didn't know why, she had him come inside before, so why was she getting nervous now?

She looked at Jace, and she found her answer. He was looking at her with passion, heat, and lust in his eyes. Joey felt like she was going to pass out.

"Well, tonight was a night that I will never forget." He said huskily to her. She felt her face fire up and she nodded furiously. He chuckled at her.

"You know, you have a very expressive face." He said seductively.

"So I have been told." She said with her voice straining. He smirked at her. He started to lean into Joey and her eyes started to flutter shut.

"NO, ELENA! WHY WOULD YOU CHOOSE STEFAN OVER DAMON?!" Gunnar yelled. Joey flinched while Jace remained unfazed.

"My brother," Joey whispered.

"That's alright," Jace said while stroking her hair, "we can do this some other time. I will pick you up tomorrow morning." He concluded as he leaned in and brushed his lips against hers and walked away. Joey watched his car go until she could no longer see him. She let out the air she was holding in and slide down the door. She loved and hated that he could make her forget her thoughts like that. She was definitely going to have to figure out a way around that.

A thought occurred to her as she went inside, Gunnar. She went to his room where she could see him looking mischievous glint in his eye.

"Stefan, Elena, Damon? Were you watching what I think you were?" She asked very confused.

"The Vampire Diaries. I saw that it was on your Netflix so I decided to give it a try." He said nonchalantly.

"A try?"

"Okay, I decided to give it a try this morning. And now it's, oh 9 pm."

"So, basically you did nothing all day?"

"No, I was somewhat productive, I ordered Chinese," she raised her eyebrows at him, "and I ordered sweet and sour chicken with pork fried rice." At this, Joey was silent. That was her favorite order. She rushed to the kitchen and Gunnar followed her.

"So, how was your day with the pop star?"

"It was actually nice. He was actually nice." Joey said, blushing at the memories.

"Oh no." Gunnar said looking horrified.

"What?" Joey looked shocked at his remark.

"You like him, don't you?" He pointed an accusing finger at her.