Chapter Eight

The first dance of the competition is finally happening!! I loved writing this chapter. Writing about how the depth of emotions people can feel just by doing simple actions with one another is quite amazing to me. Enjoy!!

"Well, we have here two new comers!" The announcer said.

"They are, dancer: Joey Stark. And star: Jace Wilde!" People cheered. When Jace's name was mentioned, almost every girl went crazy and screaming for him. There were posters for him like, "Marry me!", "You're awesome!", and "I'm your number one fan!".

"Joey Stark, from Seattle, Washington. This is her debut. From what I heard, she is quite the dancer. So, let's just see how good she is."

"Jace Wilde, as most of you know him. He came out of nowhere three years ago. And now he is a household name. He is an actor, singer, dancer, and musician. Let's just see how he keeps up with the other groups."

"The song they chose is Starry Eyed, by Ellie Goulding."

Joey breathed and walked out as she heard the music start:

Oh, oh, starry eyed

Hit, hit, hit, hit, hit me with lightning

Joey walked out and did some dances by herself that made her look elegant. When she heard "hit me with lightning" she spun out into Jace's arms as he carefully took her and started to lead her. Looking at her the entire time.

Handle bars, never let go

Let go for anyone

Take me in, and throw out

My heart and get a new one

Next thing, we're touching

You look at me it's like you hit me with lightning

After this line, Jace and Joey sped up the dance into it being faster, but never leaving each other's eyes.

Oh, everybody's starry eyed

And everybody glows

Joey moved a quick position every time at this line.

Oh, everybody's starry eyed

And my body glows

After this line they went a little slower.

So we burst into colors

Colors and carousels

Fall head first

Jace dipped Joey and she threw her head back and quickly sped up.

Like paper planes and playground games

Next thing, we're touching

You look at me it's like you hit me with lightning

Oh, everybody's starry eyed

And everybody knows

Oh, everybody's starry eyed

And my body glows

Both of them danced faster to this as the song sped up.

Next thing we're touching