Chapter Twenty-One

Hi everyone!! So this is the next update on A Chance. 

If anyone would like to make banners or covers, I would be very appreciative. 

I would also like to say that I so thankful for everyone who reads this story. It means so much to me that people are reading my writing. Thank you so much kittykatkat227, this author is amazing, you should read her stories. 

Goal: 15 votes?

When Joey woke up the next morning, she did not want to get up. She groaned and rolled over in her bed again. In the pit of her stomach, she knew that today was not going to be a good day.

Joey rose out of bed, stretching while she slowly got up. She heard her back crack and she rolled her eyes. She decided that today was going to be a scrub day. Joey pulled yoga pants and a simple V-neck t-shirt with her black converses. She went to the mirror and groaned for a second time that morning. Her normally pin straight hair was frizzy and looking like she went through a dry cycle in a dryer. She rolled her eyes and put her long ash brown hair in a high ponytail.

She looked back in the mirror, looked at her normally tired grey eyes, and was taken back how they looked startling and extremely blue for once. She washed her face and put some concealer on in hopes that it would help. It didn't, but it drew away the fact that it looked like she didn't sleep that night.

Joey quickly brushed her teeth and grabbed her phone. She had a message from Jace: "Be there in 10". He sent that 5 minutes ago. She ran out of the room careful not to forget anything or trip on anything. When she managed to get to the kitchen without falling she counted it as a success.

"Where are you off to?" Gunnar asked.

Joey's heart sank. She had completely forgot that they were in a fight and how she was rude to him last night.

"It's Monday, I am going to the studio." Joey said with a neutral voice.

"Oh, well I will be back later on tonight. Don't wait up."

"Gunnar..."

"What, Jo?" Joey reached out to him. His eyes were cold towards her. But, she jumped when she heard her phone go off. She checked her phone, and Jace said that he was here, "Just go." Gunnar said and he turned and walked away.

Joey felt like she had been kicked in the stomach. She felt awful about what she had said to Gunnar. She jumped when she heard her phone go off again. She ran out the door until she saw Jace's car. She smiled when she saw him. She felt the bad feeling go away, but another doubt came into her mind. She brushed it off as anxiety when she saw him.

"Hey, I went to Starbucks along the way and got your order." She beamed at him and kissed him on the cheek in return. Jace froze when her lips met his cheek, but he quickly recovered. "What's with the look today?"

"Oh, well, I didn't feel like making an effort today, so, here I am." She said cheekily.

"Well, that can't work. Did you forget that we have the interview today?" Joey mentally smacked her head. She forgot that the last four remaining couples would get interviewed on a high profiled show.

"Don't worry. They can fix your mess of a hair," He said playfully pulling at her ponytail, "and we can do something about outfit. I brought you clothes just incase for this." He said lightly.

Joey gave him a light smile back. She knew that he was just teasing her, but his comments also hurt a little bit. She understands that him being a celebrity means that he has to care about his appearance more so than others, but she thought that he would be a little bit more considerate with her since they started getting closer, especially after last night. She quickly brushed it off.