Chapter Six

So sorry that I have not updated anything in a while. I have just finished up my semester and now I have a month to work and update the story. I would really appreciate if I could get feedback on my story. It would help me tremendously. Also, I am having issues uploading the pictures, but if you guys request to see a certain character, then I will try to upload them. Anyways, on with the story!!

"How could they pair me with a guy who is completely egotistical, ignorant, jarring, coquette, difficile, sexist, dense, and a complete jerk? I can't teach him! Let alone ever dance with him!" Joey said exclaiming counting the reasons on her fingers and waving away at the end.

Gunnar and Joey were back in their apartment. They went to go get groceries. Joey was standing in front of the island while Gunnar was cooking dinner. Joey was drinking some water.

"Okay, slow down for some of us who don't have an English major's vocabulary, slow down. What does coquette even mean?" Gunnar asked confused.

"A habitual flirt." Joey said with a knowing answer.

"Okay. But, I think that you should really reconsider what you're thinking and be his partner."

"Why?"

"Like it or not, Jace Wilde is famous. For God only knows reasons why. But, he can be your ticket to get the recognition that you need to make your dream, a reality. You just need to do this for roughly three months. Just keep your head held high and you will get through this and get so many opportunities. You both need each other."

"You know, you're kind of smart." Joey said grinning.

"I have my moments." Gunnar said grinning. Joey laughed.

Joey walked in the next day to the studio. Gunnar wasn't with her this time. She got a ride from the car. She had her hair up in a high ponytail, black spandex Capri pants, a black tank top, with a loose white t-shirt on it, and black converses. Her bag had her music selections and her ballet flats.

"I should really buy more clothes while I am here." Joey said to herself.

She walked into the studio and went to a room with "Joey Stark and Jace Wilde" printed at the top. Joey felt that label, and she felt like a professional dancer. She smiled. She opened the door to find Jace in there.

"Your late." He said walking past her. He was wearing a tight white tank top that showed his muscles, black jeans, and black socks.

"Morning to you, too." She muttered. "I'm sorry." She said, the next part taking a breath, "And, I am sorry for yesterday. I realize that we both need each other for this. And it could be fun."

"Well, thank you for apologizing. That is very nice of you. I guess I am sort of at fault here too." He said Joey biting her tongue. "So, I am sorry, Joey." He said honestly looking her in the eyes. He looked like he meant it too. His eyes looked broken, hurt, pitiful, scarred, and damaged.

"Apology accepted." Joey breathed. She was under some kind of trance with his eyes. They captivated her. She was frozen.

"Okay, good. So, what did you choose for our dance?"

"What?" Joey said shaken from her trance. She shook it off.

"What do you think our dance should be? After all, you're the instructor here."

"Oh, so I think I picked out a good song." Joey said fishing through her bag.

"Oh, this, are you sure?" He said with skepticism.

"Yes! This week is week's dance is ballroom upbeat style. I think I know what I am doing." Joey said with her arms crossed on her chest.

"Okay, I am just checking." He said putting his hands up in defense. Joey rolled her eyes and hit him. "Ow, testy much!" He said. Joey just glared at him and he grinned.

"This was going to be a long three months." Joey thought.

"Okay. Today wasn't too terrible." Joey said when she walked into the apartment. Her feet were killing her. They practiced until late in the night. Their dance was in two days. And right now Joey just wanted to soak her feet and see her bed.

"So, how was it with, how did you say it?" He said with his finger on his chin pondering. "'Ms. Congeniality?'"

Joey blushed. "Better today. I think I downgrading his status to just diva." She said laughing.

"Okay. Night, Jo." Gunnar said laughing.

Joey went to her room. She fell on her bed and didn't want to get up. She heard her phone ring. Joey groaned. The last thing she wanted to move. She thought on how much Jace and her drilled today.

"Okay, I am going to start with all of the basics." Joey said to Jace starting up the music. She had an upbeat song.

"What? I think I can do something a little more advanced than the basics." Jace said crossing his arms at her. He looked a little insulted at her at the simplicity with what they were doing.

"Look, if you don't know the basics, then you won't be able to keep up with the more complicated moves." Joey said stretching out as Jace started to do.

"No." He said testing her. He walked towards her until he was almost pressed up against her. She hitched her breath. He really got under her skin. He chuckled at her.

"Could you stop? We need to practice." Joey said.

"Fine. Your so fun to tease." Jace said smirking.

Joey rolled her eyes. "Keep your cool." She thought to herself. "Let's just get to the song." She said gritting her teeth.

She put on the song and she was teaching him the basics. Shuffling and what he should do with his feet. This dance was more ballroom than anything else. And the song was modern.

"Try to keep up, Hollywood." Joey said smirking. Jace laughed.

After hours of practice, they finally called done. It was twilight.

"Well, were done for today. See you here tomorrow." Joey said.

"Okay, see you tomorrow." Jace said.

Joey made herself get up and take a shower. She felt the hot water fall on her skin and relax her aching muscles. He muscles were screaming in pain. Jace and her really worked hard today and they would that for the next two days, the filming was on Friday. She had to make him learnt the routine in a week. And Jace Wilde was the most stubborn and opinionated person she knew. It was hard getting him to listen to her for more than a minute. She had no idea how people worked with him. Or why people even liked him. On camera, he seemed perfect; he was polite, calm, understanding, a great musician and dancer, and a good role model. Off camera, not so much; he was rude, inconsiderate, sexist, ignorant, and overall a pain to work with.

Joey knew that the next two days were going to be trying. And then, the next three months.