Josh 4

Josh couldn't believe it. Tyler had told him. Tyler had fucking told him and he didn't read the damn letter!

Josh did notice that Tyler's tone sounded very...different. Tyler rarely curses...unless he's drunk. Oh god.

Maybe Tyler had drank too much because of all this. Because of the band. Because of Josh. Because of the disease. Because of his mind. Because of everything.

And where was Josh? Ignoring him like the ass he was. Josh leaned back on his couch and thought about why he started reading these letters in the first place. Back to where this whole emotional rollercoaster had started. Back to that damn call. 

~~~

Josh picked up his phone, wondering why Jenna was calling him. He hadn't heard from Tyler in awhile, much less her. For some weird reason, he felt the need to pick up.

Josh: Hello?

Jenna: Josh!

Jo: Yes. It's Josh.

Je: Josh, I have bad news...

Jo: Umm...what is it?

Je: Well, Ty...Tyler's...

Jenna broke down. Josh didn't know what to do. What could've happened that Tyler...did he...no...but...is he...dead!?

Jo: Jenna!

She continued to cry. Josh decided to wait patiently, though his anxiety was killing him. 

Je: Josh, Tyler's sick. He's...very sick.

Jo: What does he have?

So he's alive. Good.

Je: They aren't sure. But he's not looking good. I know you haven't spoken to us in years, but please, Tyler needs you.

Josh didn't know what to say. What was he supposed to say? 

Jo: Umm...I-I don't know...

Je: Please, Josh! Tyler needs you.

Jo: But, what am I supposed to do? Or say? He hasn't seen me in years. Plus...he hates me.

Je: Josh, that's not true. He writes you letters constantly. He doesn't stop, though I know you don't read them.

Jo: I know. And I'm sorry. Maybe if I read the-

Je: That's in the past. Just please. Come! You're best friend needs you.

Jo: Alright. In about two weeks, I'll go.

Je: ...Why two weeks?

Jo: There's something I need to take care of first.

Je: ...Thank you. Trust me. He really needs you.

Jo: Yeah. For Tyler.

Je: For Tyler.

Josh decided that before he left, he had to read the letters. Every single one. For Tyler.

~~~

Josh knew he fucked up. Tyler needed him a long time ago and he wasn't there. In a week, Josh would be leaving to Ohio. He would try his best to get his best friend back...while he was still alive.