Chapter 1- Feral

This was my kill, and I kept warning all of them with my loud 'death' growl, warning all others of this. Mine to do with as I wanted. I got first rights to the meat, to the blood, to the kill. To everything and my wolf demanded it. I might have been a she-wolf, but everyone knew that I was very volatile at this moment.

I made sure they all knew that. I made sure my tormentor Melissa, who was my current prey, knew that I was completely serious. She had pushed me too far for the last time, and I remained in my wolf form growling and staking my claim.

I was facing a growing wall of warriors in human form, and they were all screaming at me. What were they saying? My wolf retreated a little in my mind as we held Melissa's life in our jaws. Literally. 

My wolf and I had been fighting for control, for dominance- and currently my wolf was winning.

But I heard screaming and orders which I ignored. I finally had my prize, I finally had my nemesis, my mortal enemy right where I wanted.

At my mercy.

I stood breathing heavy, growling non-stop, and watching all the warriors around me back away slowly. I didn't let up and Melissa just kept whimpering underneath me, completely still. Every time she moved I bit down harder, making her yelp but making her stay still. Every time she moved she became a little closer to death.

I relished this power. And I savored the blood on my tongue.

My wolf finally retreated further in my mind and I was again in control. But still furious and still enraged. I saw Jeremy, our pack Beta, walk forward to stand in front of me and put his hands on his hips.

"Female, drop your prey," he ordered me. I snorted out a breath and kept holding on. Wait, was I insane? He was my Beta leader and I was ignoring his order, which was suicide. He knew I was feral in this moment, but then Beta Jeremy suddenly stood still and was staring at me with what looked like shock on his face. Plus his mouth was half open for some reason as he just gaped at me. 

I didn't understand why he stopped yelling at me, but I just remained where I was- and stayed very still myself but remained growling. I wasn't letting go of my kill, it was mine.

I kept scanning the growing and restless crowd for wolves that wanted to steal my kill, when I saw Alpha Fintan shoulder his way through to stand next to his weirdly immobile twin brother Jeremy. He then crouched down a few feet from me so he could look me in the eyes. I watched him unblinking, but my wolf stopped growling.

"Little Wolf," he said in a gentle voice to me, "it's time to let go. You've captured your tormentor, you've shown her who is dominant. She pleads for her life. Little Wolf, let go."

I stilled completely, what was going on? I had never heard Alpha Fintan talk before, his younger twin Jeremy always communicated orders and settled disputes with the pack. Yet here he was talking to me, a nobody- but currently a dangerous wolf on a mission. I wanted to simply break Melissa's neck, but my wolf also felt this strong pull to follow the Alpha's orders. Dammit!

I was feeling many things at this moment, I felt the utter satisfaction of finally getting Melissa where I wanted her- at my mercy. I wasn't going to kill her, just scare the shit out of her. She was the coward, she was the one who ran away during the Challenges. I had the Victor's Rights, I could punish her as I saw fit. Everyone knew it, this was part of the Standard Rules of the Challenge. I could kill her and no one would stop me.