Chapter 2 - Mates

**The music is 'Heathens' by 21 Gun Pilots in the movie 'Suicide Squad'

"Sorry lass," the King said as he gestured me back into the office. "We need to discuss what just happened and come up with a punishment."

"Punishment?" I blurted out over Fintan's shoulder since he was shoving me back in his office, "I had 'Victor's Rights! And he," I said pointing to Fintan, "kept me from my 'victory' prize!"

"Shut up," he murmured into my ear as he gave me a final push further into the room.

I spun to him with my rage back in my eyes, my wolf in partial control, "Just because she's your fuck-toy doesn't mean you can dictate my choice!" I was furious again, standing in the room naked except for a shirt that went almost down to my knees. Shouting at my Alpha while the King stood there watching. And laughing and enjoying this apparently.

"Shut up!" Fintan shouted louder at me while taking a dangerous step closer. I retreated a step in response and started to trip over a chair. I jumped sideways in alarm and fell ungracefully on a sofa.

The King stood up taller and looked at me. "I'm speaking of the 'punishment' for the she-wolf that ran away."

I felt this authoritative energy pour over me, making me back down. Making my wolf stop and pause while my mouth formed an 'O' and sat up straighter on the couch. I then looked over at Fintan who was glaring daggers at me and I started blushing. I looked down at my hands and shut up, but my wolf wasn't happy at all.

Inside my head she kept pacing and I tried to gain control of her, but she was still in a rage at having her prey taken from her. I just sat there and felt her livid anger, trying to convince her to calm down.

She wasn't having anything to do with it, growling at the injustice.

Jeremy stood in front of the now shut door with his arms crossed in front of his chest staring at me without blinking. His eyes were still a beguiling slightly glowing silver which was puzzling. I frowned slightly at this and tore my gaze away to look at the other two talking quietly, unable to really focus on the events around me. I must have been towards the end of a 'red rage', I'd heard of them but never experienced one. Never experienced a time I went completely feral.

The King spoke up louder and asked Fintan to explained what was going on, the King apparently saw the hallway incident and just couldn't stop laughing. Fintan frowned and explained the Challenge and my match with Melissa in a clipped tone, Fintan had apparently seen it and was one of the Warriors I had jumped over when they realized I was feral and tried to surround me. And he described how I hadn't even shifted during the match, and how Melissa ran out of the field when she refused to concede. And how I outmaneuvered him and all his Warriors as we all raced around the fields, the grounds, causing all sorts of mayhem and broken bones- and finally we all barreled into the house following me so I (he pointed his thumb at me) could 'claim my prize'. Which was the life of the cowardly she-wolf, which was denied me by the men in front of me.

Her death and my rightful prize, according to my Alpha, would cause all sorts of vague troubles so he had to stop me. I couldn't help but growl just a little in my chest as I glared back at him. Fintan started to raise himself at my insubordination but the King put a restraining hand on his arm. Fintan slowly sat back down, but I think he actually wanted to put his hands around my throat- or at least seriously injure me- in that moment.