Chapter 25 - Growing Seeds

I'd met my share of Archaic wolves. They just sickened me with their streaming hatred, I had tried so many times to make them see sense, to get them to view Omegas as just the same 'status', tried to show them that Omegas were just like regular 'status' wolves. And nothing seemed to work, I'd spent the last fourteen years becoming an expert in the field of 'extremist groups'.

Currently I was visiting an overseas 'rehab' center where the latest psychological techniques were being applied to the inmates there, it was the last step for the most violent of them before they were executed. Most of the Archaics went rogue and were killed if caught, but a few refused to leave their home packs-or were caught- so were sent to 'rehab' centers while we tried to figure out what to do with them.

We knew the fugitive Archaics formed small groups and we were monitoring them, and we sent special enforcers to randomly inspect their camps when we discovered them. Forcing them into the 'rehab' center special classes and projects where they were evaluated.

We did have some success in creating empathy when the Archaics that were deemed safe enough were forced to live among the Omega packs, doing supervised work shoulder to shoulder with the rest of the pack. Many of these wolves were able to see the Omegas in a new way and could join a pack eventually, the families were the most successful. We even gave some Archaics real dogs like they do in human prisons to get them to care for another creature, creating that spark of empathy where none existed before. All of this was slow going.

Sitting across the table from me I was evaluating a female Beta wolf who was entrenched in her Archaic beliefs. This woman could have been a grandmother, but had never mated. She was a full-on extremist, dangerous to everyone and I was there to attempt to get her to listen to reason before she was executed.

How I wished she was just human! She could be sent to prison as punishment for the victims she assaulted, but her wolf was basically feral and out of control. Her victims were innocent Omega children, and luckily none had died- but one was blinded which brought her a great deal of glee.

I couldn't listen to any more of her bile and hatred and signaled a nearby guard to restrain and gag her. How people like her ever became pack leaders was a mystery to me, but they created a climate of fear that let bigotry run wild.

Once the resisting female was contained she sat there glaring at me with a burning hatred which I ignored. I read from a piece of paper outlining her crimes and how she was to be executed, earlier I started out our meeting with this, which caused her to launch into this rehearsed and tiring rant about how the Omegas weren't even really wolf or human, and how they either needed to be sacrificed for the pure breeds or made into slaves.

This female wanted to commit genocide, and it was my job to stop her. Stop her from harming others, only we were a lethal and deadly species and had to be dealt with extreme force. There was no other way. As a last act, I opened a folder holding photos of her remaining family that had been reconditioned and were living contented lives in a nearby Omega pack.

I placed them down in front of her which made her still against her bindings, I had her attention now.

"Your sister is expecting her third child and is happy, your niece and nephew are showing promise as valuable pack members."

I placed another photo showing another family member, teaching a class of children. "Your Aunt is settled in and understands how her hatred harmed so many others- including the children she now treasures. Your Aunt has formed healthy bonds and ties with her students and now directs diversity efforts so the terror your group promoted won't be able to form again."