Chapter 17 - Line In The Sand

I called Jeremy a few times a day, as often as I could. I missed him so terribly. Being with Fintan was so wonderful, we argued sometimes but the sex was so amazing, so satisfying. But there was just this hole that I couldn't fill, an emptiness that made me edgy. And I had a hard time sleeping, I woke up surprised at the pain and silently crying, making Fintan hold me and soothe me until I fell back asleep.

It was so hard to be away from him, and my wolf wasn't doing any better.

********

The next morning we all met in the transformed Conference Hall, there was a massive oval-ish table in the room and we sat in the middle of one side of it, with our allies on each side. The Archaic packs sat bunched at one end with Vasil sitting at the end, he had proclaimed himself the leader of his small group.

We were all so 'civilized', I just sighed.

Alphas and Lunas sitting, around a hundred of us in the huge room, crystal chandeliers hanging and sparkling with the morning sunlight coming in from massive windows. The grounds were just exquisite and I sighed, I wanted to be outside which made Fintan reach over and squeeze my thigh in rebuke. I just sighed again.

'Really?' he linked me. I just sighed and kept drawing.

Earlier the King met us and told us to solve the Omega problem, and we weren't leaving until we did. And by the way the bathrooms were through the doors at the far end of the hall but didn't lead anywhere. Then he left the room, but there were Royal Guards every four feet around the room, it was pretty oppressive.

Fintan took a folder from a briefcase and was reading through a stack of papers while the Archaic packs automatically started protesting this huge waste of time. Fintan just ignored them while others argued, and this went on for a few hours. Occasionally an Alpha would mock him but Fintan simply looked at them to shut them up and went back to reading.

He was starting to make them nervous.

I had a pad and was doodling to kill time and was remembering our conversation last night, we made our plans for how this meeting would go. Basically Fintan was going to let everyone get extremely bored before dropping his 'bombs'. He likes to let people 'blow off steam' which meant I was going to be extremely bored like everyone else before the shit hit the fan.

I thought back to some of our conversation last night.

********

'I'm meeting with the Resistance tonight, Kirsteen,' he 'linked' me after I was done with my call to Jeremy, it helped to see and hear him as I held one of his shirts and sniffed his scent. 'The War is starting tonight, playtime is over'.

'Is there anything I can do?' I asked, suddenly concerned for him. He couldn't get caught.

'I have it covered, and Simon's going with me for a 'tour' of the castle. I'll have our guards on our door to keep you safe, but I don't know how long I'll be.'

And then the strangest thing happened and one of the panels slid open in our room, and Simon walked through holding a flashlight.

I spun around to look at Fintan who had a huge grin on his face while watching my reaction.

"A secret passage, really?" I said still surprised.

"Yes, Luna," Simon replied while smiling himself. "They're all over, the King had them built in and there's secret chambers and hallways behind everything, it's very handy."