Chapter 24 - Yes My Queen

Working out in the Palace gym I was thinking over events of the last few months, I was finally able to carve a few minutes away from an over protective Fintan. Jeremy had to rush back to the pack to help with an emergency but would be back late tonight. Fintan's only condition was to have two guards posted outside the door, and my workout would be private. Never in a million years did I think my life would turn out this way. I've been tested and studied- my blood spilled in the ground even- and found to be up to the task I guess.

As I pondered the bizarre events I heard someone enter the room which was odd, my guards were outside to make sure I stayed alone just like I asked. "Luna, good morning," I heard the deep, booming voice and slowed my jogging, reluctantly stopping as the machine hissed to a stop. I sighed, I just couldn't get away from this guy, and I'd have a little chat with my guards.

"Alpha Nevin," I said as I stepped off, turning I picked up my towel to wipe my sweat off. I wasn't smiling, I'd been masterfully manipulated by the Royals and wasn't happy about it. Standing tall I looked him directly in the eyes without wavering. Just waiting.

I'd been through fire, I was a Queen now and this man had my respect- but not my trust.

The former King stood and watched me, I could tell he was deciding how to talk me into doing his bidding once more.

But I spoke first, "You are responsible for the person I am now. I can't thank you for it, the burden you've placed on my head is almost too great to bear. You knew that months ago when we first met. You knew all about the Omega networks, you knew a Civil War was on the horizon. You used me, you used my mates, and you used the entire Parsifal family to save your own."

I didn't give him a chance to speak yet, "And I understand your reasons, I now see some of the choices that had to be made. The deaths of millions or the 're-alignment' of your own dynasty. And along with all these terrible decisions, there was the issue of the Omegas. You couldn't stand having slavery under your rule, and it ate at you year after year." I abruptly stopped talking to save my breath, the huge man was going to say what he was going to say, I had been pacing in front of my 'King' while I vented to him and just stopped. Waiting.

But I decided I had one more thing to say, "And I know you came here to ask me something, don't disguise it as anything else. I'm onto your ways now."

I stopped again and waited for him to say what he came here to say, crossing my arms and waiting, not backing down. Not now, not ever again, the former King made damn sure of that.

Studying me for a few moments, Nevin finally said, "Did your mates ever warn you of the risks of mating with them?" making me frown. "It hadn't been done in over a hundred years, most mating marks were rejected by the mates of twins and all suffered the years of pain and torture of rejection. When I saw that you not only survived, but were unaware of that great accomplishment- I knew you were the one. I knew your wolf was strong enough to rule as Queen. Only you didn't want to, but I saw your mates were ambitious enough for all of you."

Ignoring my rising anger at both my mates and this former King, I continued to glare at this man in front of me.

Taking a step closer to me, my wolf reacted to his presence by giving me the strength to stand my ground as he continued in an angry and commanding tone. 

"I wished there was another solution, I wanted to be the one to free them, I wanted my linage to continue. But it was not to be, and I have to live with that, and with the failures of my nephews and weakened family. I just didn't see it until it was too late."