Chapter 8 - The Omega Solution

It wasn't long before we pulled up in front of an old cabin, it looked dark and cold- but not run down. Fintan spoke up as he turned off the car and we just sat there, "This is a cabin my parents used to go to sometimes to get away from the pressures of being the Alpha mated pair. They have kept scrap books of their lives here, and we sometimes came here with them. We spent many summer days here listening to our family stories."

Jeremy looked down at me, holding me a little tighter and added, "Our brave mate needs to hear these stories." Fintan got out of the car and opened the passenger door, picking me up again and kissing me hard before starting to walk toward the cabin.

"This 'bond' between us is a package deal, Kirsteen." I just frowned a little as I tried to figure out what my Alpha was trying to say to me. Jeremy rushed ahead and pulled a key from a pot, opening the door. He turned on the lights and went to a back room, returning with a robe for me, and sweatpants for the two of them.

Jeremy guided me to the kitchen and helped me sit on a stool, while Fintan started to heat a tea kettle. After the water was heating both large men turned toward me and crossed their arms.

"Never block your thoughts from us again, Kirsteen," Fintan said as he slowly started walking toward us.

"Our mate will never keep things from us again, right?" Jeremy added as he also walked toward me. I just sat there confused and angry still.

"What the hell are you talking about? You both have blocked your thoughts, I have every right to block mine when I want." Fintan stood in front of me and reached out to put his hands on my waist, pulling me hard into his body while lowering his face into my neck and taking deep breaths.

Jeremy responded as he put his hands on my shoulders from behind. "Just ask us mate, if there's anything you ever want to know. Ever." He lowered his lips to my marks which made my legs weak, and my mates just held me up and kept overwhelming my senses.

Abruptly they stopped as Jeremy picked me up and walked to the couch, sitting me on his lap while Fintan prepared our tea. Jeremy spoke softly to me while he held me close with his arms, "We would never make a decision without discussing it with you, without coming to a complete understanding." Turning my head he kissed me gently.

"We'd never force you to do anything. That's my promise to you, but I need to warn you that I'm very persuasive." Jeremy smiled down at me as Fintan set the mugs on a little table in front of the sofa. Reaching down Fintan pulled an old scrapbook from the bottom of a pile. He flipped through many pages as I watched him, and finally turning the book so I could see.

There were several old black-and-white photos showing several people kneeling on the ground while a dominant male and female stood above them looking down.

"Here is part of our dark family past, when Omegas were held captive in our pack. It's not something we speak of, it's not something we're proud of. But our parents made sure we knew so we would never repeat that horrible mistake." Fintan looked down at the pictures and turned the page so I saw more photos.

Jeremy continued the story as Fintan clenched his jaw, staring at the pictures as I felt his rising anger, mine slowly dissipating. "These people, the Omegas, were treated horribly. They did the most menial jobs, worked long hours, many were raped, and all were prevented from leaving. They were slaves, and their children were slaves. Our great-grandfather freed them and stood up to the King of his time and defied his Royal order."

Fintan spoke up, "Our great-grandfather was punished, he was shunned. But he stood firm and spent the rest of his life reaching out to other packs to end this... abomination." Snapping the book shut he threw it on the table and moved to look out the window.