twenty - three

michael stared down at the binkie in his hand, deciding whether or not this was a good idea. he loved being big, but ashton was a mess.

he decided to wait. he wanted a little more time on his own. ashton could last a few more days. boy was michael wrong.

'ash, hun, can you come here please' luke said. a door opened and ashton walked into the living area. his hair was a mess and his eyes were bloodshot. michael had never seen his da- ashton look so bad before.

'aw babe' luke sighed, fixing ashtons hair a bit. ashton swatted his hand away and sat down at the table.

michael bit his lip, looking down once again at the binkie in his hand. he was being selfish. he was doing what he wanted instead of thinking about ashton and how he felt about all this.

he carefully placed the binkie in his mouth and sucked on it quietly, putting his head down on the table and closing his eyes.

luke noticed and smiled brightly, tapping ashton on the shoulder and pointing at michael. ashton looked up slowly and his frown instantly went away, a large smile replacing it.

michael looked up and saw ashton with the biggest smile on his face. and if michael said that isnt what helped him slip, hed be lying.

-

'd-dada!' michael squealed, clapping his hands together. ashton smiled at the boy, his larger hands over michaels, 'helping' him clap them.

luke watched from a distance, loving the way ashtons face lit up whenever michael called him 'dada'. or the way he reacted to the noises the boy made when he played with his trucks and airplanes.

luke heard calum whimpering from his room and finished what he was doing in the kitchen before walking to the boys room.

the blonde cooed at the sleepy boy who was sitting up in his crib, rubbing his eyes with tightly clenched fists.

'good afternoon, bug' luke said, smiling at his baby. calum just whined, putting his arms out for luke to pick him up.

'daddy, where bubby?' calum asked. luke sighed.

'bubbys little again' calums face lit up and he scrambled out of lukes arms.

'm-mikey!' calum exclaimed. michaels head turned and he smiled when seeing calum running to him.

'cally!'

-

sorry its short, the next ones longer. be prepared for a plot twist !!