10. Reunion

Destiny walked down the pathway of the victorian house. She  knew they were rich. She walked  towards the door as unsurety rested on her mind.
She pressed the doorbell. Nervousness growing more and more as she heard footsteps approaching the door.

The door flung open revealing a middle aged lady with brown hair and blue eyes. She looked almost like Cerulean. She wore a satin blouse with brown pants. Her smooth hair flowing with the gushes of the wind.

"Destiny!" , she said.

Destiny was a taken aback with her recognising her so fast.

"How do you know me? I am here looking for Mrs. Caroline Brooke." she said with utter confusion.

"Why, I am her and your mother."

Destiny was shocked. The answer to all her pains was standing in front of her.

"Come in." Her mother said while tugging on her hand.

" How do you recognise me? " Destiny asked.

" Why,  a mother always recognises her children." she said while caressing her cheek.

Destiny was taken aback. This was the moment she was waiting for, but there was a piece missing.

Destiny's mother caressed her and hugged her and said, " I missed you so much!  I love you. "  A tear rolled down her left eye onto Destiny's shirt.

" Wait! If you love me so much then why you left me! You were cruel. You barely cared for me. You abandoned us. Money is not what we needed at that time. It was you. I thought that you guys were living abroad. I always waited for you." Destiny said with a filled throat and a broken heart.

" Destiny!  There is always a reason for everything.  No mother will ever abandon her children unless it is for their own protection. " Her mother said with tears in her eyes.

"Where is my father?" She asked her mother.

"He died a week ago from panic attack.  We were planning to meet you all then suddenly he died." She said with a remorseful face.

"What was the reason for abandoning us?" Destiny asked

" It is something I think you don't want to know. "

" Tell me. Please. "

" You won't believe me"

" Trust me I have seen and heard worse."

" let's sit and talk."