Chapter 13 - Head Start

Cole was sitting in Coach Finstock's class waiting for the class to end along with the rest of school. Scott, Stiles & him needed to go find Peter and Coach Finstock hadn't even got to class yet. Ethan sat down beside him giving him a surprised look. "What's wrong?" Cole asked.

"Nothing, I just thought you wouldn't come to school today because of the 'car accident,'" Ethan replied. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine now," Cole answered. Cole was fine, he was still a bit banged up but he had to suck it up.

"Morning class, sorry I'm late," Coach greeted them as he ran into the class. Coach saw Cole and gave him the same look Ethan did. "Spinner why are you here?"

"I have a test today Coach," Cole replied.

"Well if you need anything let me know," Coach replied and got on with the lesson. Cole began taking notes and a piece of crumpled up paper was thrown at the back of his head. He quickly twisted to turn to Stiles' direction, because really... Who else would it be. As he did that his back didn't seem to agree and a sharp pain rushed up his spine. He winced and his whispered scream caught the attention of Coach and Ethan. Coach quickly ran over to him and Ethan put a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Stop hurting yourself I need you for next game," Coach complained as the phone rang. He walked over and picked it up and called Cole over to him. Cole slowly walked over to the phone. "It's for you," Coach said handing him the phone.

"Hello?" Cole answered.

"Mr. Spinner, something happened at some point between last night and this morning..." The voice on the phone began to explain something Cole didn't want to believe or hear. The words drowned his eardrums and he didn't believe what was going on. "I'm sorry, we will be contacting your temporary guardian and figure something out." Cole stayed silent as he hung up the phone. Cole felt as if he couldn't move or speak. He just stood in front of the phone and stared into space. His hands began to shake, he couldn't believe what he just heard. He didn't want to believe it.

"Everything alright Spinner?" Coach asked.

"Yes," Cole said quietly, he turned around and walked back to his seat still in shock.

"Uh, okay." Coach then began to continue with his lesson but Cole just sat at his desk and stared at his paper.

"Are you okay?" Ethan whispered.

"Yeah," Cole lied.

"Colson, I'm your boyfriend. Don't lie to me," Ethan insisted.

"I can't bring myself to say it," Cole replied not taking his eyes off of his paper.

"Ethan! Psst! Ethan!" Stiles called from behind them.

"What?" Ethan whispered.

"What happened?" Stiles asked.

"He won't tell me," Ethan replied. Then there was a knock on the door and Coach went to open it rolling his eyes.

"Any more interruptions?" Coach asked sarcastically. He opened the door wide and Sheriff Stilinski was standing on the other side.

"I need to speak with Cole," Sheriff said looking past Coach and right at Cole with sad eyes.

"Tell me what's going on," Ethan demanded. Cole whispered the news he was given into Ethan's ear and Ethan immediately covered his mouth with his hand.

"Cole I --" He started but Cole stood up and cut him off.

"Don't say anything to anyone," Cole said and walked over to Sheriff Stilinski.