The Whole Truth

The next day, I drove over to Robert's apartment. He, Josh and I all knew where each other lived. We had hung out a lot after work. I pulled into the garage and parked. I got out and called him as i headed to the elevator. He answered. 

"Paige?" he asked, surprised. 

"Tell the fucking doorman to buzz me in," I growled. "We have a damn problem." 

He didn't reply so I hung up. The doorman just buzzed me through and I stormed into his apartment. Robert was sitting at his table. I threw my phone on the table before i put my hands on it. 

"He's going to the press if I don't call all of this off," i said, my throat kind of thick. I cleared it. He stared at me, saying nothing. "Did you hear what i just fucking said?! He's going to expose us." 

He laughed. "Expose you, actually," he said, standing up. "I'm not a part of this," he added, walking around to me. 

"Then why the hell did you force me to go public with Josh?" I demanded, standing straight and putting my hands on my hips. He stopped right in front of me. 

"Because i wanted you," he said, before he kissed me. In shock, i just froze. He tried to deepen the kiss but i pushed him away. 

"WHAT?!" 

"I never wanted you with Josh or any man," he said, watching me. "I just wanted you around. I wanted to see you every day. You're so hot and i want you so much," he said, trying to pull me to him. I laughed. 

"That still doesn't answer my question." 

"Publicity, baby," he said. "That's all this ever was about. I needed to make us national. And when you and Josh get in a public fight, he comes out of the closet, the press will see this and i will be the friend that picks up the peices of your sad pathetic broken heart and we will become a thing." 

I rolled my eyes. "As if," i said, before i tried to leave. He grabbed my arms and pushed me against the wall. 

"If you don't, I'll get someone to kill him," he growled, his body trapping mine. "You're going to learn to love me and if you don't, bye bye Justin." 

"Don't you dare call him that," i growled. He smiled and leaned in to kiss me. 

"You have one chance to make me believe you don't want him dead," he said, taking my hand. "You better make this good," he added, leading me to his bedroom.

...................................................

*Hours later* 

"J.J., Robert here, just calling to tell you to stay away from her. She doesn't love you," Robert said, thinking i was alseep next to him. "She's mine now, and if you do anything to disprove it, i'm going to hurt you and her. Have a nice night." He hung up and put his phone on the bed side table.

He laid back down and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me to him. I could feel him underneath me and i just wanted to puke. I was disgusted with what i had done. He snuggled into my back, his body hugging my form. He sighed. 

"I love you Paige." 

I cried myself to sleep with silent tears.