A Call

Josh drove me home and walked me to my door. Kevin nodded as we passed by. Josh kissed me on the cheek before he left. Kevin called me down to see him. I walked down to his desk and jumped on top of it.

"Paige, what are you doing?" he sighed. I flashed him a confused look. "I know you don't love him. Josh I mean." I looked down. "J.J. misses you. He came by after the announcement." I nodded and slid off.

"Was that it, Kev?" I asked. He nodded an  I hurried to my room.

With fumbling fingers, I unlocked my door. I wiped my eyes, angrily. God damn you, Kevin. I didn't need a fucking reminder that I love J.J. I slammed the door behind me and walked to my room. I changed into a pair of sweats and sat on the couch.

I turned on the TV and watched it, trying not to think. I didn't notice that I had drifted off until the phone rang abruptly. I sat up and grabbed my phone off the aide table and answered it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I asked, sleeping.

"Paige," Justin's voice said. I was awake now. "Tell me that you're not going to go through with this." I didn't answer. "Dammit Paige! It's just a fucking job."

"And what if they just took yours away for loving me?" I asked. He sighed, but didn't answer. "That's what I thought J.J." I hung up and threw my phone across the room.

It hit the arm chair and landed in the seat. I groaned and rolled over. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

..........................................

When I woke up, my phone was ringing. I fell off of the couch and crawled over to it, still half asleep. I reached it and collapsed next to the arm chair. I answered it.

"If you don't break this goddamn contract, I'll go to the press about this, about everything," Justin said before he hung up.