Chapter 2: Curiosity killed the cat

You began your journey down the highway, knowing exactly where you were headed after seeing the mansion on the news oh so many times.

You walked onward for a good 15 minutes, and you went down the old abandoned street that held the mansion in the back, the last house.

Going down the street, you looked at all the beautiful houses, that people abandoned, cause they were too afraid, and were uncomfortable being close to the mansion.

"It's ashamed." You whisper to yourself. When you got to the back of the street, you stood right before the concrete driveway area. It was so old, and beaten down.

You shakily watched the house, looking for any sign of movement in the windows. You stood for a second, watching the house, as you shook a little from the cold wind, and from being nervous.

You didn't know it, but you mimicked every other persons actions when they once were here, but were never seen again.

You took hesitant steps toward the door. You inhaled shaky deep breaths. Instead of opening the door, you decided to examine the things surrounding the mansion. You started walking around the place, checking out the sides of the house. The house was none the less beautiful. Sure it's a little scary right now cause it's dark out and god knows what lingers in the house, but in the day time, you were sure it'd be absolutely gorgeous.

Once you got to the backyard, you saw a pretty garden, that looked well taken care of through the dark. Strange?

Who could possibly be taking care of this? You look to the side and see a small old looking swing.

You looked up to the back windows and almost screamed when you saw a boy at the top story window looking down at you. You blinked for a second and he was gone.

You immediately rounded the house, returning to the front door.

You took a deep breath and slowly reached for the door knob.

You grabbed it and turned it and the door just slid open. Really? And they wonder why the kids uninvitedly go into the house. The door is unlocked all the damned time!

Without closing it, so you'd have an easy access out of that house if you saw something strange, you walked further in.

You stood on an oval shaped place mat, right in front of a large staircase. Instead of going upstairs, you slowly turned to the side, where you met what looked like an olden time living room.

The furniture just made it look old. But what was really strange...the house was very well taken care of. The hardwood staircase looked like it was mopped and polished everyday. Not a single trail of dust was spotted.

All in all , it was a beautiful place. You entered the living room and no tv or computer was in sight.

Just furniture.

You walked to the other side of the staircase and met with a huge dining area. It was gorgeous. The countertops were marbled, a long beautiful hardwood kitchen table, with fine expensive looking dish spread out along it.

You walked into the Kitchen and gasped. This was like your dream kitchen....THIS WAS LIKE YOUR DREAM HOUSE! The kitchen and dining room were the size of your apartment put together. Gah!

You walked back to the front door, facing the living room, and walked in it. The living room was about the size of your living room and kitchen together. So much space.

You walked to where you would've placed your tv if you lived here, and a tall wide mirror covered a window.

You walked to it, and looked at yourself. You breathed in deeply, still a bit shaken up that you were actually in the Wickley Mansion.