Chapter 9: The More You Know

You're awoken lightly, by the bed shaking a bit. You slowly scrunch your eyes open to see Liam, sitting on the end of the bed with his head down on his knees and hands rested on the crook of his neck.

You slowly close your eyes back, figuring he may just need a moment.

The room fades to black.

Within seconds your eyes are scrunched open again in blurry sight to see Liam slowly pacing the room, attempting to stay quiet. He's thinking too hard about something.

You once again, shut your eyes, sighing in bliss at the darkness again. So peaceful, so- Your eyes open again and Liam's straddling you staring at your face, less than inches from his. You, being startled at the sudden position, jump in shock, head butting him. He laughs lightly rolling to the side of you. Good thing vampires don't feel much pain, that would have hurt horribly.

"Sorry. You were so peaceful." He says lowly with a laugh.

"It's ok. What were you thinking so hard about?" You ask curiously. He looks at you in his peripheral vision. "What we need to talk about." He says with a sigh.

"Don't think so hard about it. Just talk about it" you whisper, turning on your side to face him. He smiles, placing his hand on your cheek.

"Fine." He huffs. You smile slightly. "Ask away" he whispers, lightly caressing the side of your face with his thumb.

"What Is a blood bond?" You whisper. "A blood bond...is when vampires exchange blood...yes we do have blood, it just isn't pumped through a loving heart, our blood is black as coal. When vampires exchange blood, it accesses different abilities that they can only experience between each other. Speaking through minds, as far away as possible. Feeling each other's emotions. Erm, increased sexual desire." He says, ending awkwardly. You nod slowly. "How do they exchange the blood?" You ask. Liam blushes a purplish color. "Well. Like every human has a destined soulmate...every vampire or creature has...a destined mate. But humans can't sense there's until they're found it, we sense ours when they're within at least a miles radius. Then we track them. Once the Mates are joint together...." He hesitates a moment. This is going to some thing pretty instense.

"They.....mate for the first time. And...as the blood pumps more rapidly through us, there is one vein that it leads to...the neck vein. As the mates begin hit there..highs...the inner demons come out, craving more sexual tension, where as then, they bite the vein....exchanging blood until their thirst is quenched and their minds rap within each other, fusing together as one." Liam says.

You gulp lightly. Sounds pretty intense. But that's not the most important part. "Liam...." "Yes?"

"Are-are we blood bonds?"

He hesitates slowly, before taking a deep breathe.

He begins to answer.

"Y-" "HELP!" Someone screams from downstairs. Suddenly you and Liam are bolting downstairs, stopping to see what seems like it came right out of a horror movie scene.

Brittany lay sprawled on the floor, black blood flowing around her and Niall holds her, closing a gaping wound that broke from her neck, while Zayn Harry and Louis hold back....Sophia.