Chapter 8

A/N

Hey, folks!!! ^_^

Check out Jordan's physique just on top of your screen.

I know, right???! XD

Try not to drool while reading.

(Casts a sly glance at Jordan sitting in a corner)

Enjoy this update, and let me know what you think, puhleeez???

* * * * * * * * * * * *

While trying to easily move on from her disturbing experience at the gas station, Vee found herself video chatting with Guy and Lenka. The two kept her posted on latest events in the fashion industry and fed her with interesting development in the love lives of their favorite models. They talked as though Jordan was not there to possibly judge their gossiping. It was when Lenka started asking of Jordan's whereabouts that they realized he was less than a meter away from Vee. Quite reluctantly, Vee tilted her phone to get Jordan in the frame and for Guy and Lenka to see him driving. Jordan smiled at the camera before switching his eyes back on the road. Lenka voicelessly screamed at the camera while raising her arms in a manner that copied how Jordan's biceps looked while driving. Surprised and fearing that Lenka would suddenly scream and be unable to contain herself, Vee decided to end the call. Sure enough, just almost two seconds after they hung up, Lenka sent her a message saying that she "should start caressing Jordan's sexy biceps soon." Blushing profusely, Vee quickly hid her phone for Jordan not to see.

"Your friends are nice," Jordan chuckled. "I thought they hated me." He shook his head when he recalled how Lenka once looked at him from head to toe when they were first introduced, and even Guy simply shook his hand with no words. "Is Guy your boyfriend?" 

Vee was sipping her pineapple juice when Jordan popped the question, and she almost sprayed what was in her mouth. She glanced at Jordan and saw him with a weird expression on his face. Judging by his look, it was obvious that he had not figured out that Guy was gay. 

"Why do you ask?" She responded tentatively. She didn't want to be the person to reveal Guy's preference to someone outside of their circle. It was also their unspoken agreement in the group to always have Guy "pretend" as her boyfriend especially when they don't agree with her date. She wondered if she could spill the beans.

Unsure if he touched a sensitive topic, Jordan raised his right hand in surrender and decided to not push for it. He had always wondered, though. It was usual that someone effeminate would work in the fashion industry especially with a langerie line, but Guy looked manly. He didn't wish to judge anyone, and he learned that it would always be a polite thing to ask, instead. Guy's actions whenever Vee was around were what made him curious, since the fashion designer would always show protectiveness. Add those to the fact that Guy always looked dapper. 

"Guy is special," Jordan wondered why he felt something weird when he heard Vee's response. He decided to drop it and just talk about something else. "Would you prefer to check in somewhere to rest? We've been on the road for six hours." 

"I can drive," Vee volunteered. She realized that Jordan must be tired by now. He declined her offer, though, stating that a six-hour drive is nothing compared to his duties as a soldier. "Well... Maybe we could spend a few hours in a hotel and rest. We aren't in such a hurry, are we?" The thought of lying on a soft bed was inviting.

Jordan agreed, but also reminded Vee that they were trying to keep a low profile to avoid the media - they could not step into expensive hotels and be feasted on. He saw the horror in Vee's eyes when he suggested motels. Even after assuring her that it would not be that bad, Jordan could still sense disappointment radiating from Vee. Understandably, it would be the Yates princess' first time staying at a less luxurious place.