Chapter 11

While enduring Lenka and Guy's teasings which lasted a couple of days more, Vee intentionally engrossed herself with paperwork and important business meetings to avoid looking like a ripe tomato every time she was with them. Only did she realize that she would be unable to evade the two longer than she had hoped when her wedding planner reappeared one day and reminded her of the important steps she has yet to do with Jordan.

"I-I was hoping to have the fitting postponed..." she said, biting her lip in discomfort. Almost instantly, Guy jumped from his seat and recited his objection.

"Your birthday will be in less than seven weeks, lady," he announced dramatically. "Remember that you are supposed to get married before then." His reminder sent chills down Vee's spine. She sighed in frustration, suddenly remembering that she and Jordan had never really talked about their wedding while they were on vacation. Well, sort of. It didn't occur to her that their trip would turn out to be a clue-hunting one.

Finally making up her mind, she told Guy that she would pay Jordan a visit to discuss the matter. She hasn't heard from him since they came back to the city, and she wondered if he had secretly continued searching for clues after she had given up. She felt a little guilty leaving him alone with the ordeal when they were supposed to work together. As a token of appreciation, she reminded herself to get him a simple gift.

Jordan's secretary, Katie, was kind enough to let Vee stay in his office even when he wasn't around. According to Katie, the CEO hasn't reported to work since he left with an unfamiliar woman two days ago. No one has received a call from him, and no one dared to check on him due to strict orders of not disturbing him while he was out.

Since no one had an idea who the woman was, Vee started wondering if it could have been Jordan's secret girlfriend. She could remember him talking on the phone when they were together, and she recalled seeing a woman's photo on the caller ID.

Suddenly feeling weird, Vee asked if Katie could let her stay in the office and wait for Jordan for a few minutes. She was granted full access, as Katie was fully aware of the Gallaghers' orders to treat anyone of the immediate Yates family as their own employer, a rule which had been existing since Alister's time as CEO. Vee was allowed to enter the main office while the receiving room was closed.

When she was finally left alone, Vee found herself standing next to the floor-length glass window adjacent to Jordan's desk. She took in the glimmering noon sunlight which bathed her pouting face. It was a weird feeling that overcame her as she wondered why Jordan never talked about anything other than their families and duties. She could understand that their betrothal was something that would entirely change their own established lives, but how are they expected to deal with their impending marriage if they weren't aware of each other's worlds? Sighing, she wondered if following their fathers' orders was worth altering someone's chosen life. 

Have you thought about this, Dad? She mused, quite sadly. She had always loved the life she lived for twenty-two years, and she knew that Jordan might be feeling the same. Afterall, he had chosen the complicated life of a soldier, a cop, and a spy, and everything was kept away from the media despite his prominent family background. If someone would be more affected by the sudden change, she knew that it would be Jordan and not her.

After almost an hour of waiting,  Vee decided to come back some other time. She  was about to step out of the main office when Jordan's phone rang. It was his direct line and Katie would be unable to pick up the phone from her desk outside. She felt that it might be an urgent call, so she decided to answer it, hoping that Jordan wouldn't take it as invasion of his privacy.

"Miss Yates?" Frank's surprised voice came on the other line when Vee answered his call. "Did I dial Jordan's number?" 

Vee felt a bit embarrassed, but she hastily explained what she was doing in Jordan's office. Fortunately, Frank seemed to accept her excuse without sounding like he was going to tease her.

"I haven't been able to reach his mobile number," Frank told Vee. "He wasn't in any news as well, so I thought he kind of hibernated again." He mentioned that he had been trying to reach all of Jordan's contact numbers for the past two days to let him know about the progress of his research concerning the map in the painting, which was their recent clue.

"I think you must know about this asap," Frank declared. "Is there any way you could set up a meeting with me tomorrow? I have to show you an important detail in person." Due to Jordan's strict instructions of not making any information sit for more than twenty-four hours, Frank felt the need to immediately inform Vee about it. He wasn't sure if he needed to filter any details, but since Jordan couldn't be reached, he would take the risk. He also knew that he had to work covertly, so he decided to fly to the city himself like how Jordan would do it, instead of asking Vee to go back to the camp.

The next evening as previously set, Vee was already prepared to meet Frank at a bar which was close to Lenka's workplace. She was also set to attend a fellow model's birthday party, and she took it as an opportunity to act as normal as she could to avoid unwanted attention. She knew that the paparazzi are watching her every move  and she wouldn't want to drag Frank into the limelight unnecessarily. 

While moving around the bar, she met some acquaintances in the fashion industry and she easily blended in. Frank kept her posted on his arrival time, which got delayed for two hours due to a cancelled flight. Not wanting to feel bored, Vee spent her time with her acquaintance and started having some drinks. 

One thing that Vee was famous for in her social circles is when she lets her hair down. She easily gets drunk, and by the time her tipsy self takes over, she could be the best sultry diva on the dance floor. The resident DJs know her too well and started blending beats to her liking to get her to dance. She happily obliged and joined her fellow models in dancing. 

The pulsating music kept Vee's senses heightened and she felt free while moving to the rhythm. She refused to think of any complications as she gyrated and swayed her hips to the sensual tune, her full lips parted as she caught her breath with every move. Her hands travelled from her hair to her own body, expressing her need of love as what the music suggests.

She subconsciously wanted to have someone to dance with and her eyes searched for a willing partner until they fell on the young man standing next to the bar counter, looking at her with equally hungry eyes. Biting her lower lip in excitement, she maintained eye contact as she beckoned him to come closer by way of her sultry moves. She naughtily smirked as she watched him lift his beer bottle and empty the contents in one straight swig. Next thing she knew, she was already being guided away from the dance floor, strong arms almost lifting her as they squeezed their way out of the bar.

A/N

Here's the update I promised!!!
^_^
Did you enjot it?
Let me know!!! :-)

Who do you think was the man looking at Vee???

And who took her away from the dance floor???

Any guesses? XD

Feel free to comment or vote!

Thank you so much! :-*