Clueless

I have to admit, school without Harry and Ron is a little............boring. I know what you're thinking, Hermione Granger bored?!? I mean, after 7 years of adventure one year of nothing but school is well not very fun. The only person I have for company is Neville, who came back to fulfill his dream of becoming a teacher and Luna, who just wanted to come back. Harry and Ron were out being Aurors and exploring the world. I was stuck here at school with a bunch of homework and an obnoxious potions partner. Yes, potions partner. Slug horn found it a good idea to put Malfoy and I together. Yes, Malfoy and I. His mother forced him to go, saying that if he was going to be a Death Eater he had better know every spell and potion and creature. We have become friends through potions, but his flirtatious jokes get really annoying. Speak of the devil, and  he shall come.

" Hey 'Mione! Did you finish your Charms homework, love?"

Oh yea, he has this thing with calling me " love" and it gets really annoying really fast.

" Yea I finished it. When we head to the library in our free hour I'll help you with yours."

" Thanks 'Mione! See ya later, love!"

He ran off to his next class, which was potions with me. I walked in to the class a few minutes before Draco did. Yea we go by first name basis now. Today we were brewing Amortentia, that love potion. By the end of the hour, Draco and I were the only group to have mastered the potion. I would have thought that I would smell Ron. Instead I smell, Green apples and Mint. I don't recall ever smelling that before.  Weird. Oh well, now I have free period. I head to the library, where Draco is already waiting.

"There you are, love. I though you ditched me."

" No, I was just thinking about our potions lesson."

" Oh, well what did you smell, love?"

" I expected to smell Ron, since I've had a crush on him since first year, but I smelled something different. I smelled Green apples and Mint."

Draco reddened a bit.

" What is it?"

" Nothing, love."

" Oh okay, well what did you smell?"

" I smelled Ginger, Lilac, and Vanilla."

" That's funny."

" What?"

" Ron told me that's what I smell like."

" How convenient."

" Draco?"

" Yes, love?"

" Do you think we smelled each other?"

" Uhh, don't we have Charms homework to finish?"

" Oh um, right of course."

We were silent the rest of the free hour, still thinking about the possibility that we had smelled each other in the potion. The only thing discussed was the exchange of answers for the homework. When the hour was over, I said goodbye to Draco and headed to the Gryffindor common room. I set my books down and headed down for dinner. I was about to head to dinner when all of a sudden Harry and Ron appeared in the common room. As an illusion of course, because you can't apparate on school grounds.