Day 2

Day 2

The sun sets proudly high at the sky. It is a perfect day to swim and stroll the island. So I told them to prepare me the things I'll be needing.

I asked Amanda to check if Shawn is awake and gladly, he is.

I secured that all he needed was there in his room.

I'm not that heartless. I still want him to be comfortable.

"Tell him to go down at the dining area. We'll eat breakfast." I demanded to Amanda.

She instantly did what I said and I'm still blow drying my hair.

I wore a fitted spaghetti strap top and very short shorts. I'm wearing my two-piece bikini underneath.

"Good morning, young lady." Roger greets me as I walked out of my room.

I nodded at him and go to the dining area.

I sit at the end and placed the table napkin on my lap.

"He doesn't want to go down, young lady." Amanda says that instantly made me peeved.

"If he wants to starve, then let him be." I stated and breathed heavily.

Why does he have to be hard headed?

What do you expect? You kidnapped him and you expect him to be nice and all?

I rolled my eyes with my own thoughts.

Amanda nodded and was about to go back to the kitchen when I called her.

"Amanda . . . bring him food in his room instead." I ordered and she hastily stormed to the kitchen.

I ate the whole meal in silence. I'm already used to it.

I was used to it.

There's nothing new when I'm eating alone.

There's nothing new when all my life I lived alone.

Yes. I can have everything I please.

I can have whatever I want in just a snap of a finger but not the attention that I'm yearning from my parents.

My father is a business tycoon all over the world that's why—or more so my mother had the reason to cheat with my father. Apparently, she doesn't love my dad anymore.

She really didn't even loved my father.

Not even a scant.

She married my dad because of money.

Yeah. Screw all the women who's after marriage because of wealth.

So, who has the time for shits anyway?

Love is nothing but a word who can destroy anyone in just a matter of seconds.
And I don't want to be counted on the population of casualties of the victims of that Love.

Not at least in this lifetime.

I got up and walked out of the mansion.

I passed the lounge and Amanda is following me from behind. Holding my towel, sunblock, sunglasses and a see-through.

I motioned her to place all my things at the beach chair.

I sit on the edge and she was standing beside with her head bowed down.

I don't have to wonder why they have to be so civil and respectful to me all through these years.

I was stiff and serious all the time. But I always make sure to reach out to them, specially to their families.

"Tell them to bring Shawn here. Don't handcuff him." I said and she followed my order.

I undressed my clothes when the sun was just right to my skin.

I put some sunblock to my palms and massage it to my skin.

I can feel someone's staring at me so I look up and saw him seriously looking at me.

He already changed his clothes but his hair is still messy.

I continued rubbing the lotion to my legs and drop off my stares.

His stares are making me conscious. I never felt this way all my life. I'm always confident with myself but now. Damn. He's making me lose my self-esteem.

"You can take a sit," I said when I was finished and I stood up.

I stretched my arms and looked at the sea.

The waves aren't that big.

I turned back to look at him and he was looking at the other side of the beach—the side where the jet-ski is.

No. You can't use that.

Even when you try to escape only using jet-ski, it won't take you far. The next island to this needs a yatch to get there. He'll just die in the middle of the sea if he tries.

I saw Roger being alerted by Shawn's stares at the jet-ski. He was about to go there but I stopped him.

"Don't," I said. I can sense his hesitation with my order but he obeyed still.

I walked to the seashore and feel the wind against my skin. I didn't care if he's looking at me or he's busy thinking how he could get out of here.

I just jumped to the water and swim.

The water wasn't that cold. I swim a bit far from the place where I left Shawn and busied myself looking at the coral reefs and other underwater species.

I was fascinated snorkeling when my foot felt numb. I can't even move them.

"Shit." I mumbled when I was on a deep part and I can't swim to go to the shore.

My ankle is having cramps and fuck how can I get out of the water?

I was far from them and I'm sinking already to call for help.

Oh god gracious, help me!

I waved my hands but the water is pulling me down and I'm running out of oxygen.

Slowly, my eyes closed as I drowned.

Is this the price I pay for abducting Shawn?

An arm snaked on my waist and pulled me up until I can feel the air.

"Shit." He curses as he pumps my chest and the water comes out from my mouth.

I thought it was the end.

I wish it was the end.

I lived so lonely all my life that I wished that I should've died.

I gently opened my eyes and in blurry, I saw him.

Trying to bring me back to life.

Tears stream down on my face.

"You should've let me die so—so.. you can get out of here." I cried out before I lose all my senses.