Day 5

"Good morning, young lady." Roger greets as he rubs his eyes from sleeping.

He was sitting outside of my room while sleeping.

I managed to gave him a smile.

It's five in the morning and I couldn't sleep well. I decided to take a bath and read something but my mind just wanders.

"Where's Amanda?" I asked him.

"She's still asleep, young lady." He replies and I nodded.

I walked down and went to the kitchen.

I decided to cook for breakfast just to keep myself away from overthinking. My thoughts would just eat me.

Since Amada's still asleep. Maybe I could rely on a recipe book.

I scanned on the recipe book at the counter and I saw some french toast. Maybe this one would be easy.

I took all the ingridients out from the cupboard and placed them at the counter. I read the steps and I find it easy.

This french toast is just a chicken to make!

Hah! I wasn't really good at kitchen but here I am. Trying to be cocky and confident that I could make a good one.

I grabbed a bowl and pour the milk and an egg.

I stirred it and I added some sugar.

I started to heat the pan and put some butter. I got a loaf of bread and soak it at the mixture.

Oh my god. It became heavy. I think it absorbed too much of the mixture.

I pulled it out from the bowl and put it on the pan.

"Fuck!" I cursed when the pan drizzles.

Okay. I was just surprised!

I sighed and get a spatula from the drawer. When will I know if its already fine?

Oh god. I thought this was just easy.

I waited for minutes and I flipped the bread.

Oh. my. god. It turned into black!

"Jesus! What's wrong with you?" I hissed as I placed it on a plate.

I soak another loaf and when I thought it was fine I put it on the pan. Thankfully it wasn't that soaked.

I pinched a small part of the burnt bread on the plate and ate it.

I wouldn't be poisoned with this, right?

I chew it worriedly. It wasn't that bad at all!

I turned into the pan and flipped the bread.

"Thank god!" I yelled out of happiness that it didn't turned into black like the first one.

"Young lady, I'll do the cooking!" Amanda hastily runs to me and I shook my head.

I was chewing the second loaf that I made and hell it was good!

"No. Look! I did great!" I said cheerfully. Her face grew shocked and I didn't mind her.

"Taste it!" I offered her the half of the bread and she took it.

"What?" I asked while she's chewing it.

She gave me a thumbs up.

I never attempted stepping into the kitchen in my whole life! And this was a miracle!

Cooking isn't my thing. I just want to eat.

I finished my cooking and I ended up making a platter of a french toast.