one

jack walked down the red carpet with his girlfriend on his arm. they separated from each other as jack went further down the carpet, while she stayed back to pose. johnson was somewhere further down, doing his own interview.

"jack! jack!" a guy with a microphone waved him over.

"hey man," jack greeted the interviewer as he walked up.

"jack, how are you?" he asked placing the microphone to jack's lips.

"i'm good man, how are you?" he answered back politely.

"good, thanks. are you and jack excited to be here?"

"of course," jack laughed. "johnson's probably back there bad mouthing me." he joked.

the interviewer laughed, bringing the mic back to him. "so how's the girlfriend?"

jack grinned. "madison? she's good. our one year anniversary is coming up."

"actually, two." madison corrected, sliding up under her boyfriend.

"how could i forget?" he laughed, sliding his arm around her waist.

"kennadi, over here!" jack heard another person yell. he whipped his head around, seeing her walk past him and to the lady who had the microphone waiting.

jack froze. this was the first time in three years he had actually seen kennadi in person.

confused?

three years ago..

kennadi sent adrian to collect her stuff from jack's and jack sent johnson to do the same. everything they had given each other or resembled each other was given back, even stuff from their friendship.

heartbroken, kennadi moved on her with her life. all the selfies with jack on her social medias were deleted, jack did the same as well. fans who were with them from the beginning became suspicious though neither came forward to tell what happened.

in the years, kennadi became mad successful with her modeling career. she ended up dropping out of school due to her busy schedule. but to her it was worth it. she was going across the world, doing fashion shows, on covers of vogue and other big magazines. to her, life couldnt get any better... until she met luke. he was the quarterback for a football and also madly in love with kennadi, and they ended up together.

now onto jack, after his breakup with kennadi who used that time to focus on music with jack. thus creating them to blow up. they were selling out shows, winning awards, it was great for them. after a year, jack and madison began going out making them where they were today. madison's music didn't become as big as she hoped, but jack helped her became slightly more relevant.

-

jack continued to watch kennadi, he eyed the big rock on her finger. he did hear that she had recently got engaged to the football player she was with.

johnson soon joined the two, jack hitting him on his arm to catch his attention. "yo, kennadi is here." he whispered toward him.

"i know, we just did an interview together." johnson told him.

jack's eyes landed back on her. he watched her laugh at something the lady had just said. she turned her head to the side, locking eyes with gilinsky. she resisted the urge to roll her eyes and kept it professional, looking away from jack as if she never saw him.

she looked a lot older and more mature to jack. she was a little curvier than what she used to be. she looked different, but she was still kennadi.

jack never wanted things to end the way they did, but it did. it was too late to go back. he hated that she was no longer his best friend. the girl he grew up with and loved, now hated him. he deserved it- he knew that. but he wanted madison at the same time and he knew he couldnt have both.

"lets go," madison tugged on jack's arm. "the show's about to start."

jack tore his gaze away from kennadi to look down at his girlfriend. "yeah."

-

the jacks and madison took their seats and from where they were sitting, jack had a good view of kennadi from the side. he saw her flip her curls off her shoulder as she greeted other people who came to the award show. she took a few pictures, telling them goodbye.

"stop staring." johnson whispered to jack.

"what? i'm not." johnson snorted. "i haven't seen her in awhile, i'm curious to know how she's been." jack shrugged.

"well pick up a magazine and find out." johnson said.

-

jack and jack ended up taking home an award as did kennadi for next upcoming model. she gave her heartfelt speech thanking her fiancé luke.

"ready to go?" johnson asked gilinsky when everyone was walking out to their cars.

"uh, yeah.. just let me use the restroom real quick," jack dismissed himself, pushing through the crowd of people. he spotted kennadi about to walk out before he called her name.

she stopped and as soon as she saw who had called her, her face fell.

"hey..." jack stood in front of her. "congrats on your award." he pointed to the award in her hand since he had no idea what to say when he actually approached her.

"thanks." she shrugged. she furrowed her eyebrows as they both stood in silence. "is there anything i can help you with jack?"

he shook his head, "i saw you and i just wanted to talk to you i guess." he shrugged.

kennadi rolled her eyes, "well, we talked and i liked it better when we didn't. now if you'll excuse me, i'd like to get home." she said, pushing past jack.

jack sighed, watching her leave again. he slightly smiled to himself though, she was still the same kennadi.

------------------------------------------------------
welcome to the ride ladies and gentlemen ;)