twelve

this chapter is wild

-

it was the last day of shooting the cold hearted music video, and to jack, this meant the last day to try to win kennadi back. he sat nervously in his chair, tapping his foot waiting for kennadi to walk through the doors.

kennadi burst through the doors and the first person she wanted to see was jack. she quickly looked around and spotted him. she walked towards him and jack and he met her halfway.

"hey-" "we need to talk." the both said at the same time.

jack furrowed his eyebrows, noticing the almost panicked look on kennadi's face. "sure, what's up?"

kennadi grabbed his arm, pulling him into a more secretive spot. "i'm in a bit of a problem."

jack listened as she talked. part of him was hoping her problem was picking him over luke. if that was case, he'd do whatever it took to persuade her. "what is it?" he asked.

"alyssa's back." she whispered in case johnson was somewhere nearby.

this sure wasn't the news jack was hoping to hear, but this was still shocking. "what? how?"

"she showed up at my house last night. jack, she was beaten." she said in a serious tone. "she's completely scared out of her mind."

"beaten? by who?" he questioned.

"drew."

jack slightly remembered the name. he scoffed. "don't you think she kinda deserves it?" he shrugged.

kennadi scoffed, hitting jack on the arm. "no! no matter what, no women or anyone for that matter deserves domestic abuse. " she crossed her arms over her chest. "the point is, i don't know what to do with her. if johnson finds out she's here, he's going to spiral and thinks are just getting good between him and alexa. i can't ruin that."

"jack?"

both of them looked in the direction the other voice came from. madison stood a few feet away from them with her eyebrow raised.

"hey, baby?" jack said more of a question, surprised to see her. she slowly walked over, kissing jack on the cheek.

"thought i'd stop by and surprise you." she smiled and glanced at kennadi. "what were you two talking about?"

"none of your-"

"just chatting." jack cut kennadi off causing her to roll her eyes.

"oh." madison replied, not feeling any better with the idea of them alone.

"jack," oliver, one of the guys on set approached the three of them. "they need just you on set right now."

jack nodded and looked back at both of them. "i'll see you later." he said to the both of them and left them alone. 

it was extremely awkward as both girls stood side by side as they watched jack get ready for his solo scene he was about to shoot. 

"look kennadi," madison started, facing her. "i think we got off on the wrong foot-"

kennadi scoffed, facing her as well. "wrong foot? bitch, you stole my boyfriend."

madison pressed her lips together. "i didn't mean to-"

"you didn't stop yourself either." she interrupted her again. "but that's okay leaving jack caused me to get a ring on my finger." she looked down at madison's hands. "and where's your ring?" she said in a snarky tone. 

"jack's getting it engraved." madison told her. 

kennadi's heart skipped at beat as she tried to cover up the fact that it hurt. "doesn't matter. that ring still belonged to me first." she frustrated walked away before she did something she'd regret.