fourteen

jack went back to his shared house with the other jack, kennadi still fresh on his mind. he loved her and he knew she loved him back. that kiss meant something, it didn't just happen.

"woah dude, where have you been?" johnson asked, looking up from his phone.

jack shrugged. "i got caught up with something." images of him and kennadi flashed in his mind.

"let me guess, madison?"

jack furrowed his eyebrows. why would he be talking about madison?

"because of the kiss?" johnson sang in a duh tone, raising his eyebrow. "she seemed pretty ticked off."

jack groaned, shaking her head. "nah. i haven't seen her and i kinda don't want to." he fell back on the couch johnson was sitting on.

johnson knew something was up. "alright, spill it. what's up with you?"

"what're talking about?" he raised his eyebrow.

"youve been kinda moody lately and just eh... are you on your period?" j, joked.

jack snorted, shaking his head. "nah, but make sure you never ask alexa that. i asked kennadi once and she didn't talk to me for three days." jack chuckled about the memory.

johnson noticed the way his face fell. "this is about kennadi, huh?"

jack's smile faltered. "that obvious?"

johnson snorted. "a bit. what's up?"

"i miss her," he sighed. "i really do miss her and i hate that i don't have her."

"then why'd you leave her for madison?" the blonde asked.

jack responded with a sigh. "i don't know. i guess madison was the type of girls that ignored me in high school, yanno? i guess i like the fact that she quickly liked me."

johnson nodded, slightly understanding where gilinsky was coming from.

"little did i know, i had all i needed right in front of me." he slumped his shoulders, shaking his head at himself.

everyone was right. it was his fault and he finally can admit it. he was the one to hurt kennadi, she didn't leavr for no reason- she left because she felt betrayed by the one person she loved all her life.

"i keep forgetting that kennadi had a crush on me all throughout high school," he chuckled again. "even ugly, i never gave her the time of day."

"tell her what you just told me."

gilinsky shook his head. "she wants nothing to do with me. she's too happy with luke."

johnson shrugged. "people change their mind, g."

he shook his head again. "i blew it this time, johnson. she's out my life for good now."

-

a week later, the jack's threw a party at their house for the release of their new music video. of course kennadi went, not for jack, but for johnson. luke tagged along with her. she told alyssa to stay back because it would be a bad idea for her to show.

"nice house." luke commented as they stepped out of their ride. kennadi hummed in agreement. they joined hands and walked inside the household together.

"kennadi!" alexa quickly ran to her friend after seeing her come in.

"lex!" kennadi returned the embrace. "i haven't seen you in forever." she frowned.