eleven

"kennadi?" luke waved his hand in front of her face. "are you okay?"

kennadi snapped back into reality. she nodded, giving her fiancé a convincing smile. "yeah, i'm good. sorry."

luke nodded, skeptically. "how was dress shopping?"

"good, good." she smiled excitedly. "i found a dress actually."

"really? let me see."

"no!" kennadi exclaimed quickly. "it's bad luck to see the wedding dress before the wedding." she laughed.

luke shook his head. "whatever. that dress wont be on long anyway. as soon i we get home, its being ripped off of you." he looked at her with a smirk.

kennadi shook her head, blushing at her boyfriend's comment. "hush." she playfully scolded. 

luke slide in behind her, grabbing her waist. he pushed the hair off her shoulder to the other side. he leaned down, slowly sucking on her neck. 

"luke." kennadi moaned softly, reaching back to touch him. 

"shh." he quickly quoted her by biting on the sensitive spot on her neck causing her to gasp. his fingers trailed from her waist down to the button of her high-waisted jeans. he managed to undone one the the buttons.

then the doorbell rang. 

"ignore it." luke whispered harshly as he undid her second button. kennadi just nodded as he moved to her zipper. 

but the ringing kept getting louder. whoever was behind the door really wanted to come in because they repeatedly kept hitting the button. kennadi sighed, pushing luke off her. he groaned. 

"sorry." she muttered, fixing her pants before running to the door. whoever it was, it better be important. kennadi swung the door open, her eyebrows furrowing. "alyssa?"

-

"jack?" madison called from his bathroom. "have you seen my eyeliner?" 

jack looked over, shaking his head. "no."

she sighed and continued to search through the drawers on jack's bathroom. she found it and finished her makeup. 

jack looked her up and down, seeing her all dressed up in a tight dress. 

"are you sure you don't want to come, jack?" madison frowned. "it'd be a lot more fun with you there." she pouted. 

jack shook his head again. "not in the party mood." he shrugged. "but have fun." 

madison nodded and walked over to him, placing a kiss to his lips that jack was reluctant to return. 

ever since that night in the car, kennadi was all he could think about. he would spend nights, stalking her social medias when madison was asleep. she had taken over his brain. 

he knew sammy and nate went to go visit her while she was dress shopping and it broke his heart when he was told that she looked beautiful. 

"hey, can i see the promise ring?" jack asked as madison was walking out. 

she turned around. she furrowed her eyebrows, looking at he finger. "the promise ring? why?"

"i uh, want to get it cleaned and engraved." he said, nodding. madison slowly slid it off and handed it over to jack. "thanks."

this was the reason kennadi was upset. maybe if he gave it back, it would fix everything jack hoped. 

-

"alyssa what are you doing here?" kennadi looked at the girl in front of her. she was a mess. there were bruises on her face and shoulder, her hair was messed up, and it looked like she had been crying. 

alyssa sobbed, falling into kennadi's arm. kennadi was startled but noticed that the girl was in need in comfort. "i have no where else to go." she cried.

"alyssa, what are you talking about? how did you even find me?" kennadi asked. she hadn't talked to alyssa in years after she embarrassed johnson at her christmas party years ago. "who gave you these bruises?"

"drew." she whispered. 

kennadi remembered drew. he was the boy alyssa ignored johnson for. 

"he said he loved me. he said he'd stop and it was a mistake," she continued. "but he didn't. he kept doing it. i thought he loved me." she sobbed onto kennadi's shirt. 

kennadi sympathetically looked back at luke. he just nodded and went to go grab a blanket for alyssa. kennadi brought alyssa towards the couch. "let me look at you.." she examined her face, looking at the purple blue bruise under her eye and cheek. her shirt was falling off and there was some along her shoulder. "how did this happen?"

alyssa shrugged. "sometimes, he gets mad and bam, he takes it on me. i tried to ignore it and believe him when he said he'd never do it again." she shook her head. "but he kept doing it. it hurts so bad, kennadi." she sobbed into her hands. 

luke came back with he blanket and kennadi wrapped it around her old friend. "have you told anyone? the police?"

she shook her head. "i'm scared. he will find me, he always does." she said in a scary tone. 

kennadi pressed her lips, looking at luke. "i'm sorry." she mouthed. he nodded, understanding. "do you have anywhere to go?" she asked alyssa. 

alyssa shook her head. "i have no where to go." 

"money?"

"no money." she replied. "nothing. i have nothing, kennadi."

kennadi sighed. she knew her and alyssa weren't on good terms, but she couldnt let her go back to drew. she was obviously in an abusive relationship with no one to go to for help. "you can stay here until he figure something out."

alyssa sobbed in relief. she fell into kennadi's lap, crying again. "thank you." she kept repeating. 

kennadi sighed and rubbed her back out of comfort. she knew she would have a lot of explaining to do with jack and alexa.