ten

"yup, that's the one." kim pointed out.

"no." kennadi's mom shook her head. "my daughter is not going to wear that dress at her wedding."

"you could do better." alexa shrugged.

"i love you guys, but you're really stressing me out." kennadi sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror. she was currently trying on wedding dresses and couldn't seem to find the perfect one.

"we have more if you want to look." the lady who worked there said to them.

kennadi sighed, "yes please." she nodded.

the woman grabbed another dress off the rack, handing it to kennadi. kennadi disappeared into the dressing room, trying on the new dress. kennadi took a deep breath, walking out.

everyone that was with her jaw's dropped.

"well?" kennadi chuckled, seeing everyone's reaction.

"kennadi..." alexa mumbled.

her mom started tearing up, looking at her daughter.

"kennadi, you look amazing." kim said to her, nodding.

kennadi spun around to face the mirror to get a look herself. she smiled at what she saw. she teared up herself, nodding. "this. this is the one."

"holy shit, ken

"holy shit, ken." alexa ran up to her. "you look so beautiful..." she sniffed, checking out the fabric on her dress.

"how much?" her mom asked the lady helping them.

she opened her mouth but kennadi cut her off. "who cares? this is the dress i want." she looked out to her mom, kim, and alexa. "can i get a minute alone guys?"

they all nodded and grabbed their stuff, leaving kennadi alone to herself. kennadi looked at herself, spinning around the dress. she felt like she was in a princess dress in a fairy tale, and she was finally getting her happy ending.

"whew, shit!" someone said causing kennadi to quickly turn around. she saw sammy and nate behind her. "you look hot, ken." sammy said.

kennadi playfully rolled her eyes. "what're you guys doing here?"

"johnson told us where you were." sammy said. kennadi's eyes widened.

"don't worry. g's not with us." nate said, reading her reaction. "you look beautiful, lil mama." he smiled.

"thank you nate." kennadi smiled. she looked over seeing sammy flirting with one of the girls who worked at the store. "doesn't he have a girlfriend?"

nate shrugged. "who knows at this point." he said causing both of them to laugh. "but nah, in all seriousness, you look beautiful. luke really is one lucky guy."

kennadi blushed, facing the mirror again. "thanks nate."

"still weird you're getting married." he shook his head, leaning against the mirror. "i remember meeting this seventeen year old girl in love with her best friend."

her eyes widened. "you knew?"

nate snorted. "of course i knew. you stared at jack whenever he was around and your hatred for stella kinda sealed the deal." he chuckled.

"okay, we all hated stella." kennadi rolled her eyes. "how come you never said anything?"

he shrugged. "i was trying to get with you, i wasn't about to ruin it by bringing up jack." nate laughed, shaking her head.

"yeah, leaving my party with a girl who wasn't me sure was a great way to get with me." kennadi rolled her eyes even though she wasn't mad.

"hey," nate raised his hands in defense. "we lasted about six months. you gotta give some props for that." he laughed and so did she. he cleared his throat. "but i'm happy for you. i know things kinda sucked for you in your teenage years." kennadi pressed her lips together knowing that he was talking about jack. "but you deserve happiness, kennadi williams."

kennadi broke out into a smile. she grabbed his arm, pulling him into a hug. "thank you, nate maloley." she kissed his cheek.

"no problem." he smiled. "i'mma head out. i'll see you around."

kennadi nodded and let go, watching nate exit.

"dont do it." she looked to the side, seeing sammy. "don't marry him, kennadi." he said coming closer.

"what?" she furrowed her eyebrows. "what are you-"

"dont marry luke." he shook his head. "you can't do this to jack."

kennadi scoffed. "excuse me? sammy, i love you, but you're overstepping your boundaries-"

"just let me explain." he interrupted again. "i know jack fucked up, but you can't do this. that kid loves you. he still loves you!."

kennadi rolled her eyes. "you must be high, wilkinson-" she crossed her arms over her chest.

"jack is still in love with you and if you marry luke, that will kill him. you can't kennadi." sam shook his head. "i see the look in his eyes when he's with you, he needs you kennadi. that happiness isn't there with madison, he just doesn't want to admit. and i see it in your eyes too."

kennadi furrowed her eyebrows again. "what? what the hell are you talking about?"

"we all know that deep down there, you still have feelings for jack. you know you heart still pinches when you see him. you're still mad so you push those feelings away." he pressed his lips together.

"sammy." kennadi warned, not wanting him to push any further.

"i'm doing this for my best friend. you don't think it's funny how jack keeps circulating around you after that night at the award show a few months ago? you guys are meant to be. and if you marry luke..." sammy paused. "it's going to be the biggest mistake of your life, ken. you will regret it."

"i think it's time for you to leave." she gave him a sharp glare even though sammy could see the weakness and truth in her eyes.

he sighed and nodded. he shoved his hands in her pockets, leaving the same way nate had did a few moments earlier.

kennadi looked at herself back in the mirror. nothing about her appearance changed, but this time she did look different. the confidence she had when she first came in was now gone. the look of doubt now covered her face.

this was the right dress, but was it for the right person?