thirteen

jack and kennadi put their clothes back on in silence. kennadi couldnt believe what she just had done.

sex with jack.

in a dressing room.

with many people around.

could she be more stupider?

jack noticed her more distant this time. this was the opposite of how he wanted it to go. "ken..."

"this was a mistake." she stopped him. "we shouldn't have done this."

he grabbed her arm and turned her to look at him. "kennadi-"

she yanked her arm back, looking for her jacket. "this was a mistake, jack." she repeated.

gilinsky's eyes fell, along with his head. "don't say that..."

"and why not?" she scoffed. "jack, i'm engaged. you're with madison. hell, you're even getting the promise ring engraved for her." she pressed her lips together.

jack furrowed his eyebrows, confused. "what? oh." he shook his head. "no," he dug in his pockets and pulled out her ring. "i was going to give it back to you. i just told her that."

kennadi stared back and forth between jack and the ring. "jack..." she shook her head. "you can't just take the ring from her like that."

he furrowed his eyebrows again. "what? i thought this was what you wanted? you were upset that i gave her the ring, now you're upset because i'm giving it back?"

kennadi shook her head. "that ring obviously means something to her jack. you can't just give it back and be like 'oh, i lost it'."

jack shook his head, shoving the ring back in his pocket. "i don't get you, kennadi."

she sighed and finished, getting herself together. "after today, i think we should seize all contact between each other."

jack quickly opened his mouth to protest, but was stopped.

"please," she held up her hand. "i'm getting married, jack." she sighed. "i'm getting married for fucks sake.." she repeated. her mind went to luke. she couldn't tell him that she slept with her ex on the set of his music video. "fuck, fuck, fuck." she groaned. 

"i think we belong together." jack said. "fuck that, i know we belong together."

kennadi pressed her lips together. "i have to go." she said quietly, pushing past jack. 

before she could leave, jack grabbed her forearm, twisting her back. "promise you'll think about it? think about us."

kennadi didn't reply, she just yanked her arm back and kept walking. 

-

when she arrived home, she saw alyssa on her couch, eating crackers. she sighed, leaving one problem she comes home to another one. 

"hey kennadi." alyssa said when she noticed her walk in. 

"hey." she plopped on the couch with a big sigh. 

"hard day at work?"

"you have no idea." kennadi sighed again and shook her head, covering her face. 

"everything alright?" alyssa asked, pausing the tv. 

kennadi sat up, nodding. "yeah, i'm okay. just been a little stressed lately.. and i don't know why i'm telling you this." she added a laugh at the end. 

alyssa pressed her lips together and nodded. "look, i know i'm not your favorite person at the moment. i am extremely sorry for what i said to johnson, i was stupid and i deeply regret it."

"i'm not the one you need to be apologizing to." she crossed her arms over her chest. "you really hurt him, lys. jack and i spent many months trying to help him deal."

"is wrong one about me?" alyssa sighed when kennadi nodded. she was a little surprised alyssa actually listened to their music. 

"don't worry, it's also about jack cheating on me with madison." she added a harsh chuckle. "and distance is me not having enough time to spend with jack throughout my career. you should've seen all the shit his fans gave me."

"must be tough being in the public eye a lot."

kennadi exhaled. "you have no idea. i usually keep a clean image, but something tells me that's about to change."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

SORRY FOR THE SLOW UPDATES GUYS I REALLY AM. BUT IM ABOUT TO END SCHOOL SOON AND DURING THS SUMMER I PROMISE MORE AND FASTER UPDATES MY LOVES!