Chapter 7

Lauren's pov

"Wait, Camila is a what!!?" Her friend ally yells.

We were are currently in my jeep, driving to look for Camila. After I told her she was an ancient chimera, she got up and left. Given the fact that I'm drawn to her, it was easy for me to locate her.

"She's an alpha wife," Dinah tells her. "Meaning whatever she says goes, no questions asked"

"To elaborate more on it, she's the wife of Lauren, Lauren is our alpha" Normani added. "So whatever Camila says we must obey her"

"So they're married?" Ally asked.

"Yes, we are" I answered.

"But h-how..W-when.. where the heck was I at when all of this was happening?" She stammered.

"Yeah, you weren't born yet?" I chuckled.

"But then how-"

"Ally you know the story of Logan Jauregui, right?" I asked looking at her from the rearview mirror.

"Yea, some librarian told us, about how there was a powerful werewolf alpha named Logan. The story goes he sacrificed himself to protect his wife, but some witch named Kris turned him human. Long story short he was now human and couldn't face Kris. Eventually, Kris found camren and drain her for her powers"

"Yea, that pretty much sums it up," I say, with gritted teeth, holding on to the steering wheel tightly, thinking back to that day. "Any way that story is from centuries ago"

"Wait" she paused looking at me. "The Liberian told us how they will one day be reincarnated" I nodded my head, telling her to continue. "So does that mean you're actually-"

"The reincarnation of Logan Jauregui?" I finished for her. "Why yes, I am" I smiled at her.

"And so that would mean.. Camila is the reincarnation of camren!?"

"Yea, that's right," I say, parking my jeep outside of some library, just outside of town, getting out.

"I told you, mani that she would catch on quickly" Dinah laughed, getting out. "Now give me my money" holding her hand out, she waited as Normani handed over a ten-dollar bill. "Thanks, babes," Dinah says, putting the money in her bra.

"You guys made a bet on me?" An offended ally asked.

"Yea, I thought your little mind wouldn't be able to handle any of this" Normani said.

"Same here, I just didn't say anything about it" I admit.

"You guys are rude" Dinah says to us. "Ignore them ally" throwing an arm around Ally's shoulder, we all headed into the library.

"Wait, so what's a chimera?" She asked before we made it in.

"A chimera is a living being that has more than one set of distinct DNA in their genetic makeup" I explained.

"...huh?"

"They're people that are made up of other body parts from different creatures," Dinah says. "So basically created"

"Well, yea if you wanna get all lazy with explanations" I mumbled, walking into the library.

Camila's pov

"I need to ask you something?" I rushed into the library, walking to the librarian.

"Hey, you're the one from the other night, correct?"

"Yup, that's me," I say. "Look, Do you know anything about ancient chimera?" I asked her, all fidgety.

After Lauren told me I was an ancient chimera, I immediately ran out of the house running as fast as I could, which was pretty fast, to God only knows where. I somehow ended up outside of the library, which is outside of town.