PART SIX "Rival or friend?"

Word count: 4k 

------------------------------------

Late afternoon, on a cold November. BTS had a day off from work, so they decided to go home and see their parents. Taehyung decided to stay with you this off-day, because he hated knowing that you would be left alone. Unlike anyone else, you didn't mind being alone. Spending the day at the dorm, with one of your "brothers" it was nice to sit in the living room, streaming what is on TV. Remembering how you would spend the holidays with your little sister, eating, playing, watching movies as your mother would drink her tea and dad reading the newspaper. Even though the boys thought you visited your family, it was always a lie and you would stay at a hotel. The last thing you wanted was to see the disappointed expression on your family, that you left them with. How your dad that never expressed his feelings to you, and didn't dare do it, when he knew it was the last time you were going to see each other. The way your mother didn't say a word and held back your little sister that screamed your name, wanting to hug you before you went away.

"What do you wish for Christmas?" Taehyung blurted out, stopping you from going any deeper into your memories.

"Excuse me?" You responded back in a confused way, having no idea where the question came from.

"I asked, what do you wish for Christmas? Silly" He said again with his boxy smile.

"Erhm... I don't know?" You asked before thinking for a while. It only resulted in Taehyung moving closer to you on the couch, where he could kneel in front of you with his face a few inches from yours. Your face started to slowly heat up, but you figured it would be because he was so close, that his breathing could be touched by your cheek.

"Come ooon~! Y/N there MUST be something you would like for Christmas?" He persisted, made sure that a 'I don't know' was never an answer to his questions.

"But Tae.. I got everything. I don't need anything else. I got clothes, make up, music, food. And you guys, how could I wish for something more? Besides, there is still a month until Christmas eve." You giggled at him, hoping he would take that as a legit answer.

"Buut Y/N!!! We have been curious what you would want from us as a present..." He frowned at you, bringing the puppy eyes that you knew, you couldn't stand up against.

"Tae- Wait. 'we'?" You asked the curious puppy in front of you.

"Well.. Yes.. erh... we all want to give you a Christmas present...Since we can't celebrate it together because we are going home to our parents, we still wanted to give you something, like always. You are going home too, right?" He shot back with another question.

You paused for a bit to think, and looked back at the little puppy saying;

"... Yea. I am." You lied to him, finishing it off with a smile, to make sure he doesn't look right through you.

The boy jumped in delight over your answer, having his smile-eyes pointed at you.

"Great! Now, what do you wish for?" He asked again.

Realising he won't stop asking you, it was time for you to think. All you wanted was a Christmas with them, because the past five-six years it was spent alone. You in front of the TV, with the hot pot on your side. Having small presents from the boys, that they gave you before they went to see their family. The first year was tough for you, but you managed to endure it every time Christmas came around. It had almost become a tradition for you, to watch a Disney movie while eating and singing Christmas songs for yourself.

The boys never knew that you spent Christmas alone, and thought you would go back to your family "like you did every year". They always posted a cute Christmas photo of their surroundings like animals or Christmas trees, making sure to show Army that they were surrounded by love. You on the other hand, only posted a photo of your feet walking in the snow. No one knew that you were just outside your dorm, but thought you might have stood outside your house having your family to wait inside.