PART NINETEEN "Freedom"

Word count: 5.2k

-----------------------

After a while of walking, the heat upon your cheeks and ears, finally disappeared. Seeing the coffee shop only a few meters away, you speeded up. Standing in front of the door, you pushed it lightly. Stepping inside to smell the aroma of coffee, mixed with chocolate. Freshly baked cookies and cake decorated in the window shelf. Skipping further inside, you peeked to see Jaebum was sitting in the corner with a mask on. He seemed to notice you from afar and waved you down, while you ordered some coffee.

--------------------

"Long time no see, how has everything been?" Jaebum asked, while you seated yourself in front of him.

"So many things have been happening, that I'm not even sure where to begin." You spoke with a light smile, making yourself comfortable.

"Start from, why Jackson wants to beat up Yoongi if he sees him." He questioned, raising an eyebrow at you.

"OH NO! I forgot to tell him...." You trailed off, hoping Jackson and Yoongi wouldn't meet while you were gone. Jaebum gave you a confused look, not saying a word. Taking a deep breath, you told him the story how everything were a mess.

"...And I still haven't contacted Jessica" You finished, taking a sip of your coffee.

"I see. Why don't you just text her? That's a start." He commented

"What should I say? 'Oh hey, it's me that ignored you because of a misunderstanding, lets hang out'?" You scoffed at him.

"Not like that... but it seemed like you two were doing well together. Don't you miss her?" He chuckled.

"I do... I want to tell her how everything is going and I also, want to hear how she is doing." You commented, looking down upon your coffee.

"Well lucky for you, because she is here." Jaebum spoke gently.

His words made you look at him in confusion, until you turned around, eyes landing on Jessica. Her clothes and figure that made everyone go in awe, while the long hair swooned behind her when she walked. Walking towards you, she seated herself beside Jaebum.

"Jessica... I-I-m so sorry..." You stuttered, having her hand to stop you from talking more.

"I know, Y/N... I can't blame you. If I were you, I would do the same. I just wished you would be the one contacting me, than Jaebum. But how can I request such an act, when I have failed to be a friend to you..." She spoke, her mouth turning into a frown.

"I didn't know what to say... Yoongi told me not to invite you, because Dispatch might see you and the scandal will get worse." You responded gently.

"That... we aren't a couple..." Jessica whispered, letting her head fall into shame.

"I know." You spoke back with a light smile.

"You talked to him? About everything?" She questioned, facing you again with hope

"We did, about everything. No more running away." You answered, seeing her face light up.

"I'm so glad. I need to hear everything!" She requested with excitement, having Jaebum to stand up to grab another coffee.

"Well, we have confessed our feelings... we just can't go official" You told her, letting her expression falter.

"Maybe, one day you can. Did you kiss yet?" She asked, getting closer to you. Without responding, your smile grew bigger.

"OMG you did!!! Was it good?? Did you go any further?? We need to go shopping soon!!" She continued to speak, making you giggle.