1

The breeze is cold on my cheeks as I struggle with my book bag, stopping in front of a video rental store to straighten out my things. The new semester has only just begun and already I am beyond disorganized.

I hear the grind of wheels on pavement inching closer. I look up to see a tall, lean, tan boy on a skateboard, watching me as he passes.

He's wearing (pic up the top),His dark eyes never leaving my body as he skates by.

He doesn't stop watching.

I've forgotten about my things, laying on the ground at my feet, as I watch him watch me, a blatant expression of approval plastered on his face.

I roll my eyes and turn away. What a creep. An attractive creep. But, regardless, a creep. I bend down to pick up my bag, heading to the bus station so I can go talk to my professor before class starts, when I feel a presence over me.

I stand up, face-to-face with the boy from seconds earlier, only now he has the skateboard tucked under his toned, arm.

He's significantly taller than me, a goofy half smile spread across his full lips.

"Hey, gorgeous," comes out a syrupy sound, accompanied by he's skater attitude.

"Who are you?" I say, trying not to stare at him.

"Nico. And you?"

"Late," I say, flinging my bag over my shoulder, stepping around him. He puts a foot out, leaning in so I can't get around.

"I meant your name," his voice is more aggressive now, the words slithering between his lips and creeping into my skin. I can't look him in the eye. He's completely immersed in my personal space. I am entirely enveloped by his presence.

"Cyan",I say, finally looking him in the eyes. They light up, along with a perfect smile with perfect teeth - as he nods.

"Very pretty," he steps away, and I miss his demanding presence already. I admire his toned arms, strong hands, gripping onto the skateboard. His strong jawline clenches quickly before he continues. "Just thought I'd talk to ya. Prettiest girl I've seen in a while."
"Thank you?"

"Where you heading?"

"Is that any of your business?"

I'm not sure why I'm fighting back. I'm strangely, unfortunately, and undeniably attracted to him.

He raises his chin, a cheeky grin growing on his lips.

"Is now, sweetheart." I try walking away but he catches my wrist. "you're coming with me."

There's something inside my head telling me to fight back, to not go with him, to run away and never look back. But my heart is pounding and my palms are sweating and my eyelids are drooping and there's a knot in my stomach and there is no way I am running away from this boy.

I need a break from my studies, anyway.
He drops his skateboard to the ground, hopping on and rolling at a pace that's hard for me to keep up. His grip on my wrist never loosens. Not until we quickly reach a skate park, graffiti'd and greyed under the clouded sky.

A few other guys skid around on skateboards and bikes, but they stop the moment they notice Nico approaching with me stumbling along.

"Yo dudes, this is Cyan."
"Sup Cyan," they all chime half heartedly. They immediately turn back to whatever they were doing while Nico sits next to me on the grass.