8

He was different. The way he acted, the distance, the bickering and arguing, the tears; he wasn't the same Nico i'd fallen in love with. He'd grown so far from me, his kisses no longer a presence in the home we shared.

Home. He'd first asked me to move in, his excitement barely containable. Ever since then,i were the happiest girl in the world; or so i thought.

For the past couple of weeks, he'd been coming home later than usual, his entrance not as enthusiastic as they usually were. He'd usually wrap his arms around me, tell me how much he missed me and give endless kisses. Now, i was lucky if i got a "Hi."

He'd walk in, eat some dinner, take a quick shower and go straight to bed. I couldn't remember the last time he touched me intimately and whenever i tried to instigate it, he'd come up with a new excuse. I'd given up on it, thinking it was now useless.

But tonight, I were going to get to the bottom of it. Whether I could fix whatever I did wrong or if it was something worse, and I prayed to God that it was something that could be worked out.

When he walked in that night, I knew it was about to go downhill, the look on his face saying it all.

"Hi, Nico," i looked over at him, a smile onmy face. He looked over at me from the foyer, kicking his shoes off one by one.

"Hey." It was quiet, his eyes not making contact for long before he pushed his hair back.

"Are you hungry?"

"No, the guys and I ordered take out." He dropped his hoodie in the foyer, his keys landing in the bowl on the table.

"Oh," was all i managed to reply, my lips pressed into a tight line. "Okay."

He let out a breath before coming over and standing above me, his lips pressing to the top of my head.

"I'm going to go shower," he mumbled before quickly darting up the stairs before i could reply. A sigh left my lips, my hand coming up to rub my face.

"Great conversation," i groaned, leaning back against the couch.

I found him buried in the comforter on the large bed, his arm draped over his eyes and snores falling from his lips. I sighed, making my way over and climbing into the bed, my hand falling to his chest.

"Nico," I whispered, my fingers tangling in his hair. i watched as he stirred, his eyes fluttering open to meet mine.

"You okay?" He groaned, sinking deeper into the bed as he turned his head to me.

"Y-Yeah, I just...Is everything okay?"i watched as his eyes focused on me, giving me a small nod before pulling me down next to him.

He had to lie; there was no way he could tell me right now, not like this.

"Of course," his lips pressed a kissed to my hair, keeping his voice a whisper so he wouldn't give anything away.

"You just seem so...distant."

He turned to face me, his hand landing softly on my hip. His eyes went soft and he pulled me closer, my chest pressed to his.

"I...I'm sorry, baby. I've just been really stressed lately." i watched as he let out a sigh, my hand reaching up to cup his cheek.

"What's been going on, my love?"

"Nothing important," he smiled softly, his lips leaning over to press to mine as his hand roamed my back.

"Let me make you feel better," i were quick to climb over him, pulling my shirt off in the process. He swallowed hard, his eyes grazing my bare chest as his hands pressed tomy lower back. ]my lips quickly pressed to his, fingers tangling in his hair once more. "I missed you."

He knew this was wrong, it was so wrong. But he didn't want to stop because he knew that in no time, he wouldn't be able to see me like this anymore; he was going to lose me. His eyes closed once he felt my lips traveling down his chest.

"B-Babe, wait," he breathed out and watched as me pay him no mind, beginning to pull down the band of his briefs. His hand quickly grabbed mine, my eyes looking up to meet his intense stare.

"What? What's wrong?"

He couldn't do it; the guilt was eating at him as he watched me pour love to him. He pulled me off of him gently, quickly shuffling out of the bed and his hand running through his curls.

"Nico, talk to me, what's happening?" He heard the worry in my voice and when he turned to face me, i quickly threw my shirt back on. He swiftly made his way towards me , getting down on his knees and taking my hands in his larger ones.

"I...I fucked up," he shook his head, his eyes not able to meet mine. I felt my heart rate pick up and i pulled my hands away from his.

"What did you do?" I choked out, watching as his eyes fill with tears. "You're scaring me, Nico. What did you do?!"

"My birthday," he croaked, the tears already streaming down his face. "We went to a strip club and I got wasted," his words beginning to speed up now.

"Oh..Oh my God," I knew where this was headed, the tears already forming inmy eyes hoping i weren't about to hear what i knew was coming.

"She was all over me and I didn't know what was happening. One thing led to another and a few weeks ago, she came by and she..." he looked up at me, his eyes red and tears filling them up once more. "She's having my kid."

-

OMG IM SORRY IF THERE IS "YOUR"