9

I felt my heart shatter in my chest, as cliché as it sounded and my hands coming up to cover my mouth. It was my worst nightmare coming to life; the love of my life, or so i thought, was now about to become a father to a child who didn't belong to me.

"I'm breaking up with, you..." he's words started fading from my head.

I quickly climbed off of the bed, my legs quickly carrying me to the closet that held my belongings. I dug around the floor, the tears burning to the brim of my eyes as i reached for a duffle bag.

"I don't know why I did it," his voice came from behind me as he choked on his own sobs. "I just don't love you the way I used to,you just control me" I felt my blood boil beneath my skin, trying my best to ignore his pleas as I shoved as much as I could into the bag. Dragging it out of the closet, I made my way around to grab the rest of my belongings before throwing on an old hoodie.

"Control you,are you serious" I spat out, my eyes closing in annoyance. I squirmed out of his grip, grabbing the bag off of the floor before making a dash for the stairs.

"Yes! You made me stay in this shitty relationship" He quickly followed behind, his hand reaching out to grab my arm. "I wanted to leave you!"

He had pushed me to my breaking point, fury running through my veins.

"Why didn't you then?! After all this time, You lied to me, deceived me for weeks!"why didn't you leave me for the hoe you've been seeing?!" The tears threatened to fall once more, my hands balling into fists by my side.

"The only mistake was me ever trusting you. I hate you!" I began to sob, my fists banging against his chest. "I fucking hate you!"

"S-Stop hitting me.  why are you still here?!"

What I felt at the moment was stronger than hate; my blood was boiling with rage, anger sweeping through me.

"I hate you! You're a worthless excuse of a man!" I pulled my hands away, slamming them against him once more. "I HATE YOU!"

I quickly made my way to my duffle bag, grabbing it and heading out of the front door. Throwing it into the backseat, I shuffled into the car and backed out of the driveway. His eyes were focused on me backing out, continuously reaching up to wipe his face.

"Don't look back," I sobbed, my tears uncontrollable as I  drove down the road.I fumbled for my  phone as I  dialed Olans number, hiccups escaping my lips as I  heard his voice come through the speaker.

"Olan, I need you."

**

"Are you going to tell me what happened, darling?" He was sitting next to me on the bed in the guest room, his hand rubbing my back. I shook my head, the words not being able to come out.

I was shocked,  hurt, but most importantly, I was heartbroken. The man of my dreams turned out to be the man who'd haunt me for the rest of my life, his actions scarring me.

"Please," he pleaded, climbing around and settling in front of me. "I can't do anything if you don't tell me what he did."

I had to tell someone at some point. I'd  been settled in his flat for hours, crying my eyes out with my knees tucked into my chest. Looking over at him, he leaned over to swipe his thumbs across my cheeks to get the tears out of the way.

"He...He cheated on me, Olan," I  choked out, my eyes falling to the duvet and my fingers picking at nothing. "She's pregnant."