{two}

New York

Inside the bank is where Atlas lost the stranger in another crowd of people, no less. When she made her way out of the crowd, she spots the man looking frantically around for something. Atlas steps back when a medium sized niffler runs out in front of her. She could now tell why the man was being so frantic.

On his way by, he runs into her, catching her by surprise. Thinking quickly, she grabs his coat and pulls him behind a pillar.

"What is that niffler doing loose?and who are you?" She questions, perhaps sounding too harsh.

"Er- the niffler got loose from my case," he pats the case, "and my name's Newt Scamander. Do I know you?"

Newt Scamander? Wasn't he the guy who nearly killed Juliet Rainstrom?

"You might know me from Hogwarts, we were in the same year. Different houses, albeit, but Hogwarts all the same. But what are you doing here?" She asks again.

"Well, at the moment, talking to you. What I'm here in the bank for? Chasing the escaped niffler." He states blatantly. "So, if you would either help me or leave that would be great."

Atlas rolls her eyes and pushes him away from her. "The niffler is over there," she points to a cart approaching an elevator. "I would say you're too late, but it might be going to a vault downstairs."

Atlas pulls him towards the staircase leading to the vaults, seeing a muggle with a hatching occamy egg. She grabs the muggle and apparates to the stairs on the other side of the gate. Newt takes ahold of the now hatched occamy, cooing at it, then lowering it into his case.

"Excuse me," the muggle murmurs. "I was- I was over there?"

Out of the corner of her eye, Atlas spots the runaway niffler squeezing himself into the vault. "Alohomora!" She says while brandishing her wand. The vault swings open and she grabs hold of the niffler who had just shoved a gold bar into its pouch.

"Er- Newt? Do you want me to shake him out?" Atlas asks, glancing at the niffler. "I'll do it," he replies before taking him from her and shaking the beast. Coins, jewels, and jewelry fell from the expandable pouch.

Another muggle, the bank manager, comes around the corner and spots us.

"So you're going to steal the money!" He exclaims, then triggers the alarm.

"Petrificus Totalus!"

"Langlock!"

The bank manager stiffens and falls back onto the floor, tongue now attached to the roof of his mouth making it hard for him to talk. "Sorry!" Atlas squeaks before Newt apparates them away.

New York

We come out onto a side street, Newt and Atlas stumbling and falling over each other. Newt is the first to get up from the ground, the niffler still in hand.

"For the last time, you pilfering pest. Paws off what doesn't belong to you!" Newt reprimands the niffler, shoving him back into his case. He shuts it and then stands back up, wand at the ready. Atlas scrambles to catch a rather strong sleeping drought that rolls out her bag and past her hand. 

When she herself stands, Newt is back on the floor and the muggle gone. "Where did he go? What a strange fellow he was."

"Agreed."

A lady comes walking down the aisle and grabs our arms, disapparating away.