{epilogue}

SAN FRANSISCO

It's been a few months since the group had gone separate ways. Newt, back to England, the Goldstein sisters staying in New York, and Jacob being obliviated. Atlas wanders the streets of San Fransisco, finding herself comparing the city to New York or her old hometown back in England. Why she hadn't gone back home with Newt after obliviating Jacob was a reason unknown to her. She wanted to go, go home and see Maeve and her mother. She wanted to be with Newt and to have her happy ever after, yet she somehow ended up across the country with a key to an apartment in hand. 

The truth was, Atlas didn't believe she deserved his love. He was so pure and so perfect that she thought she would screw it up in some way. Turns out she did. She left him with his hand held out to her as they boarded a boat. That was possibly one of her only regrets. 

Atlas walks back home, smiling a people she had come to know, exchanging "hello's" as she hastened down the sidewalk. 

"Atlas!" a man yells after her and she stops. She turns on her heel and a smile breaks out on her face, "Marcus! What a surprise to find you here." Marcus smiles back at her. "I thought I would come find you on this wonderful day." Atlas nods, "Well, you've found me."

He looks nervous as he steps back from her, suddenly falling into a stiffer form. Atlas cocks her head to the side, wondering what he would be up to. "Atlas" Marcus starts, sounding like a marraige proposal. "We've known each other for a good few months now and I would like to ask you out tonight. On a date."

Atlas freezes, a false smile stuck on her face as she zones out. Marcus keeps talking - rambling, not noticing her faraway look. "And you're a really nice girl -" Atlas cuts off his rambling with a sad look in her eyes, "Thank you for the offer, Marcus. Really, but I really need to be going now. I hope you understand."

Marcus looks shocked, his body language telling Atlas that no girl had ever turned him down before. A stuttering mess replaced the confident shadow of a man that had stood there only a second before manages, "Uh, y-yeah. Sure, but when -" before Atlas cuts him off, "Thank you, Marcus. Goodbye now." She squeezes his shoulders before she takes her leave.

She brushes past him in a hurry, leaving him staring after her. She takes a left at the end of the street and enters her apartment building on the next street. She whips out her wand and mutters a packing spell. Her clothes fly off hangers and into boxes, the plates and bowls dance off shelves, and her furniture shrinks in size. In less than five seconds, all her items had flown into her shoulder bag. She picks it up easily with one hand and moves to the counter in the middle of her kitchenette. She scrawls a messy letter to her landlord about her leaving, explaining a false excuse of some sort. She leaves that month's rent and the apartment's keys next to the letter. 

She shuts her eyes and grips onto her wand tightly. With a loud crack, she disapparates, leaving barely a trace of her exsisting there.

THE GOLDSTEIN SISTERS' APARTMENT 

LIVING ROOM

When she opens her eyes again, she's met with the sight of the Goldstein sisters' apartment, having landed on the table. One foot is dangerously close to the edge so that she nearly falls off when she suddenly appears during the sisters' dinner. 

"Hello again, Tina," she turns to nod at Tina. "Queenie," she nods to Queenie as well. The sisters look up to her in astonishment. Atlas dusts herself off and then promptly jumps off the table. A smile wider than the whole of the United States appears on her face. "I've missed you guys so much," Atlas holds her arms out and pulls the sisters in for a hug. "I've missed you too, Atlas, but I thought you went back to England with Newt?" Tina questions her causing a guilty look to appear on her face. "I kinda ditch him and hightailed off to San Fransisco," Atlas looks to Queenie's mask of disbelief. "I didn't leave him with no explanation though, I sent him a letter and he sent one back. I just wasn't ready and he understood, I think." The sisters slowly nod in unison. "Would you stay the night then, Atlas?"

"Oh, I couldn't impose more than I already have," a brighter-than-the-sun smile appears on her face to replace the feigned innocence. "Anyways, I've got plans, big ones." Tinna smiled back at her, "What big plans has your brain thought up now, Atlas?"

"It's absolutely brilliant, I'll tell you," she stalls. "Now, can either of you two tell me when's the next boat to England. I've a family to get back to."

-----

and we're out! it has been wonderful writing this story, atlas's story, and being able to share it with all of you. thank you for all the incredible support you all have shown me and i will see you in whatever adventure i decide to tell of next!

-rea (annabelle)