{twenty-one}

SUBWAY

Atlas comes to as Graves shout, "Wands down! Anyone harms him-they'll answer to me," he turns back to Credence. "Credence!" Graves's threats did nothing because when he turned to address Credence, the Aurors begin to pelt Credence with spells. Graves screams, "No!" as Atlas just looks to Credence within the black mass. She looks at his face, contorted in pain and screaming in pain. The spells don't stop until the Obscurus finally seems to implode in a white ball of magical light.

Atlas gets to her feet the second the force sends everyone stumbling backward. This sends Atlas back to the floor, groaning in pain. All the power subsides, leaving tatters of black matter to float through the air like feathers. Atlas gets back to his feet, Newt rushing over to give her some support to lean on.

Atlas looks to Tina, who is crying on the floor. Atlas and Newt watch as Graves climbs back up as close to the remnants of the black mass as possible. Aurors advance toward him from behind. "You fools," Graves seethes. "Do you realize what you've done?"

Madam Picquery emerges from behind the line of Aurors. "The Obscurial was killed on my orders, Mr. Graves," her tone is cold and steely. "Yes. And history will surely note that, Madam President," his tone is threatening, scary even as he stalked toward her. "What was done here tonight was not right!"

"He was responsible for the death of a No-Maj," Picquery stands her ground, her resolve hardening. "He risked exposure of our community. He has broken one of our most sacred laws-"

Graves laughs bitterly. "A law that has us scuttling like rats in the gutter! A law that demands that we conceal our true nature! A law that directs those under its dominion to cower in fear lest we risk discovery! I ask you, Madam President," his eyes flash around to all that are present. He looks absolutely frenzied and out of control as if he were to burst at any moment just as Credence had done not too long ago. "I ask all of you - who does this law protect? Us? Or them," he waves above him as a gesture to the No-Majs above them. "I refuse to bow down any longer."

"Aurors," Madam Picquery addresses the Aurors standing to her sides. "I'd like you to relive Mr. Graves of his wand and escort him back to -" A wall of white suddenly appears in front of Graves, who had been walking away from them. Graves turns back around, confidently parrying away all the spells that flew at him. Graves appears to be winning when Newt lets go of Atlas in a split second and sends the Swooping Evil at Graves, protecting everyone from Graves's spells. Atlas raises her wand next to Newt, doing her best to push away whatever pains she might have been having. Newt slashes at Graves, a rope of supernatural light crackles as it winds itself around Graves. The more he struggled to be released of the rope, the tighter it seemed to get. "Accio," Atlas spoke calmly, Graves's wand flying into her outstretched hand. She hands it to Tina beside her. 

The three approach him, Newt raising his wand. "Revelio." Graves transforms into a blond-haired, blue-eyed man. Atlas stumbles back the slightest bit upon realizing who he was. "Grindelwald," she breathes out. Madam Picquery moves toward him. "Do you think you can hold me?" 

"We'll do our best, Mr. Grindelwald."

Grindelwald stares intently at Picquery, his expression turning from disgust into a small, derisory smile. He's forced to his feet by two Aurors, who move him toward the entrance. As Grindelwald reaches Newt and Atlas, he pauses. The three exchange smiles and sneers. "Will we die, just a little?"

He's led away and Atas lets go of a breath she had no idea she was holding. "Will I get a normal life now? Do I get my break?" 

Newt pulls her into his arms and holds her close, "Stick with me and you won't need one."

Atlas smiles up at him and pulls him down by his collar for a kiss. When Tina clears her throat, they both pull back, embarrassed. However, goofy smiles graced their faces, the image of bliss.

 "I just might, Mr. Scamander. I just might."